DCL Gifts and Amenities-- ANYONE BOUGHT?

DisneyPups

DIS Veteran
Hi DISers, I was wondering if anyone has purchased the Gifts and Amenities from DCL? What did you think of the quality/value? I am considering the robes/champagne but also some of the beach packs or frame sets.

Any pics or advice you can share would be GREATLY appreciated...

I bought the robes/champagne set. The robes are decent, but they are not plush. They are a waffle weave fabric. I like them, I wear mine in the summer (not warm enough for winter). My dh never even unrolled his, so I guess that is my extra for when something happens to mine.
I bought a duffle bag and some other little carrying bag too, but I can't remember what it was called. They are decent quality. Overpriced of course, but they aren't bad.

I have the robes as well. My dh only wore his a few times.

I purchased the Romance Package on our cruise last year which came with the Champagne/Robes basket. The robes are just as the other poster described, but I still love them! I think the package was around $169 and it came with the champagne ($49 on the cruise at dinner), a rainforest room pass for the cruise, the 2 robes, the turn down service with the rose petals, a dinner at Palo's and breakfast (full menu) in bed. I thought it was well worth the price!

I haven't researched whether they still offer a similar package, but if they did, I would order it again.

I purchased the Romance Package on our cruise last year which came with the Champagne/Robes basket. The robes are just as the other poster described, but I still love them! I think the package was around $169 and it came with the champagne ($49 on the cruise at dinner), a rainforest room pass for the cruise, the 2 robes, the turn down service with the rose petals, a dinner at Palo's and breakfast (full menu) in bed. I thought it was well worth the price!

I haven't researched whether they still offer a similar package, but if they did, I would order it again.

The REAS package is no longer available as of Jan. 2010.

My package was just the champagne and robes, it did not have the other items. The champagne in our package was Korbel.

A few years back, I purchased the 'Mickey' pearl necklace for my wife and was able to surprise her with it during our anniversary cruise. She loved it, and always brings it on our cruises. It is very nice, and seems like an excellent quality item.:)

We have bought few on our various cruises (the robes and champagne, the sail away platter, the celebration cake and banner, a flower arrangement, the memory box, an excursion bag, and probably a few others). The only one we didn't really like was the memory box just because it was more for a wedding celebration than an anniversary. I will post some pictures tonight of the ones I can find.

Wow thanks, everyone for your suggestions/advice. I will have to take a second look. Keep 'em coming!

My Mom ordered the pearls for me and I love them. I had outgrown my pearls I had gotten for HS graduation so they are very nice.

I really wanted to order the little live tree for our Christmas cruise, but someone on our cruise meet thread said theirs went bad last year before day 4--smelled so bad they had to put it out. I thought it was actually a live tree but this poster said it was boxwood leaves stuck in a styrofoam cone. Four days and $85? Uh, no.

Hi DISers, I was wondering if anyone has purchased the Gifts and Amenities from DCL? What did you think of the quality/value? I am considering the robes/champagne but also some of the beach packs or frame sets.

Any pics or advice you can share would be GREATLY appreciated...

Hi there!!

On our last 7 day cruise, we ordered the fruit/cheese tray as well as the hello/goodbye (or some name like that) champagne pack..

The price for the ammount of food and the items was surprising.. The tray had enough food for us to snack on for about 4-5 days.. it was all fresh and very good quality..

I'll see if I can find some pics..

the Korbel Brut they give you, for a rediculous amount, is able to be bought at Target for 8.50 or so. the robes are sturdy, but arent "feel good robes" in the least.

skip the money.

the Asti, however cheap it may have been, i did like :)

I bought & paid by credit card the domestic beer package for my DH before our last cruise. They said all I had to do was have him call down whenever he wanted any of them and they would be delivered. He decided to have them all delivered at the same time so he could decide which he wanted to drink when. They had a slip for me to sign when they were delivered that had the price on it and I asked about that & they said not to worry about it. I worried & went to the customer service desk to check my account and sure enough I had been charged again for them to my shipboard account. Sure glad I checked my account, because that would have been some very expensive beer otherwise.

The first cruise we went on, on the first day, they had the drink of the day on trays all over deck 9 with CM's selling them and writing it up on tablets. I asked if the tip was included & the CM said NO, so I added a tip and signed the slip. When I checked our account at the end of the cruise I found that he had doubled the tip on top of the tip that WAS included:mad:. I ended up paying double the price for my drink:scared1:. Now I check my account a few times during the trip to catch things sooner. That time I caught it just before we disembarked and didn't have time to do anything about it.

Check your account during your trip. That way you can catch things early and take care of it and also keep track of your spending.

I bought the old REAS package--parts I liked, and parts I didn't care for. My impression was it was just too much package for our tastes. This time out I have purchased the robes, champagne, wine bucket package that more or less replaces REAS. I am very fond of the waffle-weave DCL bathrobes, which is the main reason I am purchasing this package.
I purchased one of the memory boxes on our last cruise, and I found it a huge mistake. The box included as part of the package was far too large for me to cram into one of our pieces of luggage (we were flying home), so I had to leave it in the cabin.
I also purchased the fruit and cheese platter, and I would have to say that there is so much food on the platter it only makes sense to purchase it if you have 4 people in your party. It was just too much for 2 people to handle. I think it would be better to order the regular cheese tray from room service.
We were gifted with the long stem rose arrangement for our anniversary, and I have to say it was lovely, and stood up quite well for most of our 7 day cruise.

Here are the pics I could find for a couple of things we have ordered:

Bon Voyage Celebration streamer (I don't have one of the cake that comes with the package)

IMG_6494a.jpg

The not so Hidden Mickey flower arrangement (in the background)

fruitandflowersIMG_3583.jpg

The Wedding/Anniversary memory box:

IMG_0305.jpg

Another floral arrangement and the Romantic Encounter (Robe and champagne) package in the background (and foreground):

IMG_0039.jpg

and finally the Bon Voyage food package

Cruise002.jpg

Like I said before that only one we really didn't like was the memory box, although we didn't open either bottle of Asti that we purchased. And, the Bon Voyage food package was great for our first cruise but the amount of food available makes it a little redundant.

Oooh, thank you so much dta87 for the pics! It really looks great. (And hello from about 2 1/2 hours north--now I feel like planning a trip to Busch Gardens, or maybe just Pierce's BBQ)

I was thinking about getting the champagne and robes package, but I have a question about the robes for you veteran cruisers. I was thinking it would be nice to be able to throw the robe over my pajamas to get some buffet breakfast that I can bring back to the room. My question is, are people seen wearing their robes outside of the room or is this frowned upon???

I've never been on a cruise so I don't really know cruise etiquette. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter