• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Bus Caught on Fire

bus-fire.jpg
Disney Bus Destroyed By Flames
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla WKMG News Channel 6
A Disney tour bus carrying 54 passengers caught fire and was destroyed Thursday as it traveled to Port Canaveral, according to Local 6 News.

Officials said the fire was reported on the Disney bus at about 2:15 p.m. on the side of the Beeline Expressway between Dallas Boulevard and state Road 520.

The bus was reportedly having some type of tire problem before the fire ignited.

Police said when the driver spotted smoke, he immediately pulled the bus over on state Road 528 and evacuated the bus. The vehicle then ignited and was later videotaped completely engulfed by flames.

"The bus driver did a great job," Florida Highway Patrol spokeswoman Kim Kerr said. "As soon as he noticed something was not right underneath the vehicle he pulled over and got everyone off the bus before he knew what was wrong."

There were no injuries in connection with the fire, according to Local 6 News.

A Disney official said another bus was sent to pick up passengers and transport them to their Port Canaveral cruise terminal.

Local 6 News has learned that most of passenger's luggage was sent ahead to the terminal.

The bus was apparently headed eastbound when it caught fire.

The fire forced police to close all lanes of the Beeline Expressway Thursday afternoon.

That's awful.
But it's bound to happen to anybody...
Because nothing really serious happened, I don't htink it will tarnish their reputation.

I'm glad everyone was okay and most of their stuff was okay too.
There have been so many fires latley, I just heard on the news
last night that 200 houses in one community were burned to the
ground. Its so sad.:sad2:

that's terrible!!!
my mom said she heard about one that caught fire awhile back. =[. its good that everyone got out.

at least no one was hurt.
that's actually amazing that no one was injured.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter