DCA closing early on Dec 7th?

muchaloha

Earning My Ears
Hi all, I saw on the calendar that DCA is closing early on December 7th (9 pm instead of 10pm), does anyone know why? Also, if it is closing early is there any thoughts on park hopping on that day or if there is an event thoughts on crowds or areas of the park being closed? Thanks!

There is a private party that evening for radio contest winners from 9pm-1am. I am not sure if they also get park access prior to the event so hard to say what, if any, impact this might have on the rest of the day.

There is a private party that evening for radio contest winners from 9pm-1am. I am not sure if they also get park access prior to the event so hard to say what, if any, impact this might have on the rest of the day.

I've been to that party a few times in the past (not as a winner, but because we had connections to that radio station), and if it hasn't changed, they do not get access to the park prior to 9 p.m. It's just four hours in the park with extremely light crowds.

(Though 100% worth it if you ever get invited, because every ride is a walk-on. You can hit all of the highlights in 4 hours when it's like that! It was even better back when it was in Disneyland and not DCA, but still good.)

I've been to that party a few times in the past (not as a winner, but because we had connections to that radio station), and if it hasn't changed, they do not get access to the park prior to 9 p.m. It's just four hours in the park with extremely light crowds.

(Though 100% worth it if you ever get invited, because every ride is a walk-on. You can hit all of the highlights in 4 hours when it's like that! It was even better back when it was in Disneyland and not DCA, but still good.)
So helpful! Thanks so much! Was wondering if we were going to need to change our plans for the day, but it looks like it isn't a crazy addition of folks! Appreciate the info!!

Things have changed. This year they do get early access starting at 6pm.
KOST 103.5 Holiday Party at Disney California Adventure® Park (the “Event”) valid only on Wednesday, December 7, 2022 beginning at 6:00 p.m. PT and expiring, Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 1:00 a.m. PT. Each winner and their guest(s) will be admitted into Disney California Adventure® Park during regular operating hours beginning at 6:00 p.m.

Things have changed. This year they do get early access starting at 6pm.
KOST 103.5 Holiday Party at Disney California Adventure® Park (the “Event”) valid only on Wednesday, December 7, 2022 beginning at 6:00 p.m. PT and expiring, Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 1:00 a.m. PT. Each winner and their guest(s) will be admitted into Disney California Adventure® Park during regular operating hours beginning at 6:00 p.m.

Ahh, oops! Glad someone came in with real evidence and not just my anecdote. My bad!

I've only been once but I remember no early access when I went. I've been calling non-stop lol
Thanks you, @DLandgirlie , I hope you win the tickets! @Lisa24jks I does sound like a cool event for the winners! How fun you have gotten to go in the past! Do you both think people should park hop early (before everything opens to the guests or when the event happens) to the other park OR just stay the night there and then park hop when it closes?

Generally ... this will be a good day to knock out a lot of things at DCA because people buying one park tickets will choose Disneyland for the longer hours. I would start the day at DCA and plan to stack LL stuff for later evening in DL.

Generally ... this will be a good day to knock out a lot of things at DCA because people buying one park tickets will choose Disneyland for the longer hours. I would start the day at DCA and plan to stack LL stuff for later evening in D
I'm not sure it'll matter, both parks are unavailable for reservations on the 7th.

Thanks you, @DLandgirlie , I hope you win the tickets! @Lisa24jks I does sound like a cool event for the winners! How fun you have gotten to go in the past! Do you both think people should park hop early (before everything opens to the guests or when the event happens) to the other park OR just stay the night there and then park hop when it closes?
I would get the most and 'close' the park. Or you can begin to park hop to DL an hour before closing to beat the crowd. Just try and get everything you really wanted to do done by 6pm so the influx doesn't interrupt your plans.

I would get the most and 'close' the park. Or you can begin to park hop to DL an hour before closing to beat the crowd. Just try and get everything you really wanted to do done by 6pm so the influx doesn't interrupt your plans.
Thanks so much for the advice!!! :)
Generally ... this will be a good day to knock out a lot of things at DCA because people buying one park tickets will choose Disneyland for the longer hours. I would start the day at DCA and plan to stack LL stuff for later evening in DL.
So smart abut the stacking! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter