• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DC - under 5 years

dreamer

Mouseketeer
Wondering how your under 5 years of age children enjoyed DC. Is there much fun or is it really geared for the more confident swimmer? I don't think there will be much snorkeling with my little ones. Is it worth it or will they be bored? Thanks:jester:

I absolutely love Discovery Cove but I have to be honest....I don't know that I would take children under 5.

There are shallow areas in the pool and coral reef and of course lots of sand to play in. Also, the aviary is fun for all ages, though the little ones might get somewhat intimidated by the birds who come looking for food!

Personally, I would hold off until the youngest one is at least 6 or 7, depending on how strong a swimmer he/she is. The life jackets they provide make it safe for everyone, but if the child can't swim well, he/she won't enjoy it nearly as much. Also, the snorkeling is a great part of the day so if they're not into that you miss on a real great feature of the park.

I took my children last year at the ages of 11 and 9 and they had a fantastic time. They are both excellent swimmers and continue to talk about that day (including the dolphins) all the time.

We're already booked for next year again.

We are taking our kids--ages 11, 9, 6, 4, and 22 months
in 2 1/2 more weeks. My mom and dad will be there to help watch, but I will let you know how much they were able to partipate in and enjoy! :)

The dolphin swim is the main attraction--if a child is too small to do it, but old enough to understand it, you will have some unhapppiness on your hands. The other activities are fun, but really you're paying for a day at a nice pool or water park for the smaller kids.

My daughter is 7, and swims pretty well, but it was something of a struggle for her to stay afloat during the dolphin swim, which was in deep, relatively cold water. I don't think she could have done it a year ago. If you're not a good swimmer, the flotation vest is probably a good idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter