• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Daytrip or spend 2 nights?

juxtapose

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip to Paris early June 2023. We have the option of doing DL as a daytrip on a Monday, or ending our trip with 2 night at DL. If we did 2 nights we'd get to the DL area around 3pm on a Sunday spend the evening in the parks, spend Monday at the parks, and then fly out Tuesday. Which is a better option for a family of 4, kids will be 11 and almost 8? The youngest does not do any adventurous rides. We've done both DL and WDW in the US multiple times and just aren't sure how long we need to DL Paris. If we do a daytrip we'll have 3.5 days in Paris central, if we do it as an overnight we'll have 3 days.

I would stay overnight. I really don’t like the trip back and forth with the RER before and after a long day walking at the parks (especially after when you are exhausted and with kids).

I would stay overnight. The package prices are really good. I did a mock quote for March 2023 and the price difference between dated tickets for 2 and a hotel package for two was only about £250.

Is Monday bad?
It's not a weekend day so that is good so no need to mess with days, but getting to go in Sunday evening would let you get acclimated to the parks and let you spend the whole Monday without worrying about traveling and have the hotel nearby if you wanted to rest.

It's not a weekend day so that is good so no need to mess with days, but getting to go in Sunday evening would let you get acclimated to the parks and let you spend the whole Monday without worrying about traveling and have the hotel nearby if you wanted to rest.
We came in on a Sunday late afternoon, checked in to the Sequoia and really enjoyed walking the parks (and going on rides where there were short lines), devoted 1/2 day with early entry to Studios, pool time in afternoon and then Mickey show, then a nice pace on Tuesday in the main park, evening fireworks and departing Wednesday. Compressing both parks in one day will be challenging but with fast pass-like things-, which we didn't do- it is doable. Definitely stay the night, and have fun there-- DLP is such a beautiful park!

I would do overnight... the trip to GDG from the parks is pretty easy too. We used a car service and it was only 30-35 minutes to get to the airport.

Plus.. you'll get early entry and that makes a huge difference IMO!

I wouldn’t need to think about this because my husband is the type to go all in. Like if it’s worth visiting, it’s worth trying to do it the best way possible to us. And he’d sell me on that argument 😂

Unless there’s something better to with that time/money, give yourself the best chance at an awesome DL visit.

Also the nighttime fireworks and DLight show are not to be missed. It is LATE in the evening depending upon time of year and man those trains looked packed leaving.

I just returned from 2 nights and I know it is busier now than June. However, I disagree with anyone who says you can do DLP in a one day visit. If you are a true Dis fan and want a chance to soak up some of the atmosphere and ride all the unique rides, 1 day is not enough. I also agree with PP that the nighttime show is worth the effort to see. The drones were amazing!

With kids I would definitely do overnight. I have done the daytrip and it is a very long day, most kids would not be able to hang.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter