Daytona Beach Airport?

sigafoos

Mouseketeer
I'm pricing flights from Seattle to MCO and they are soo high, almost as much as Disney air add-on! Travelocity quoted 250 a person to fly into Daytona Beach, but I'm not familiar with it . How far from the port is it? also if we stay one night after the cruise in WDW how far from WDW to Daytona when we leave? Does anyone think this is a good option?
Kim

Daytona Beach International Airport is approx. 70-75 miles from Port Canaveral, and about the same distance from Walt Disney World. I'd guess that either drive is about a 90 minutes. In other words, Daytona is not as convenient as Orlando International Airport, but it's certainly not awful -- especially if you could save several hundred dollars per person.

A bigger issue is what you plan to do about ground transportation. Two one-way car rentals (dropping off in Cocoa Beach before the cruise and picking up in Cocoa Beach after the cruise) may be a good choice.

<B>sigafoos -</B> It's unusual that you found a cheaper price to DAB than to MCO. I live p/t in Idaho and p/t in Daytona Beach. If I am buying a ticket I normally opt to fly into MCO because it is often two-thirds or less the cost of going into DAB. Fortunately I come from an airline family and when I have a pass I head straight for Daytona.

The Daytona airport is great! Since it is much smaller, check-in and boarding is generally much less of a hassle than in Orlando. <B><a href="http://flydaytonafirst.com/">CLICK HERE</A></B> to link directly to DAB for complete info. There are only 2 levels. The counter for all <B><a href="http://flydaytonafirst.com/rental.htm">car rentals</A></B> in on the main floor just as you enter/exit.

Driving to Port Canaveral is a breeze from Daytona - much less traffic than from MCO or WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter