Days Inn Maingate

piglets

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any experience staying at the Days Inn Maingate on the 192?
Just looking for a cleanliness report....

Many thanks,

Having a disney day..........

We stayed there our first night after we drove down last month. DH wanted to be close to old town so we could walk over there with the kids in the evening. It was your basic budget motel. It was clean enough I guess, but the furnishings looked ancient. The room and bathroom were tiny. It was convenient to old town, food, and the parks, but I would not stay there for more than one night. We had reservations for the next night at Oak Plantation and only paid $5.00 more a night for a one bedroom with full washer/dryer and kitchen. We loved it there. We tried to get in Oak Plantation a night early, but they wanted twice the price we were paying with the entertainment discount. Anyway, if you do a little searching, I bet you can find a much better hotel for around the same price. We did have breakfast at Day's Inn, and we had no complaints. They gave us a bunch of coupons for Old Town too. The kids got enough free rides to keep them happy for the night. Try looking into Magic Castle Inn and Suites. They have two locations, but I like the one a little further down 192. Magic Castle gets good reviews on the boards. I would shop around before I spent any length of time at the Day's Inn. If we were not so tired from the ride, we probably would have left even for the night. At least it was a bed and we could walk for something to eat.

Thanks so much for your reply. I am an Allstars tried and true myself, but a friend of mine is going down for the first time and has booked this hotel. I wanted to get some feedback on it for her, as I was a bit leary - costing only $29/night and all!

Thanks again for taking the time to respond - I really appreciate it!

having a disney day..........:D

hi piglets
i stayed at Days Inn Universal and It was the worst hotel I´ve been (in US)
I was ugly and I had doubts about sleeping on that bed
please, search in the disboard for other posts about Days Inn before you make up
your mind
I can´t say the price is very atractive (as it was for us) but if you like to come from the parks and enjoy (at least a little bit) the place you´re staying I dont recomend Days Inn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter