Day 3- Toff family Ohanas, Hollywood Studios disaster, Epcot & GG

ToffPrincess

Mouseketeer
Day 3- Ohanas, Hollywood Studios, Epcot & Garden Grill
DS and I wake up around 6.45am. DH has to be pounced upon to get up. After a lot of harassing we are out the door and on our way to the monorail to make our 8am Ohana breakfast.

View from our window! Will try to do a night/firework shot in a future post. The castle illumiations are stunning. It seems much closer than the photo shows.

The view walking from the outer buildings of the GF to the main one and from the monorail first thing in the morning when the sky still has a pinkish glow is just breathtaking!

For those wandering I am saving my GF review for when I do my index as it will be my most indepth review. But it only seems fair I do it when we have experienced the whole trip here!

Ohanas
We arrive on time and are seated straight away after passing Stitch for a photo by the main door. DS not really interested as he has never seen Lilo & Stitch. We are seated and the pineapple sweet bread is brought to the table which is delicious. DS keeps asking me for ‘more cake!’
The characters start coming around before the hot food and DS is thrilled. Mickey, Pluto and what I presume is Lilo. I can’t say I am a huge fan of the interaction (so far 1900 PF still has the best quality interaction) as it seems rushed and a little cold.. almost like they are holding the kids at an arms distance. But DS doesn’t notice.. of course not, he’s only 3! I love the food. It’s better than CP but not as good as 1900PF. DH tells me later it was his least favourite breakfast. I can see DS really liked it and the food so I have booked it again.
We get in the queue for the Hollywood Studios bus but it soon becomes clear we wont fit. DH hails a cab to take us there. He’s being a bit of a diva about the bus service. I don’t know what princess was expecting.. magic carpets probably.

We arrive to Hollywood Studios for opening and it soon becomes clear that it is terrible. In my memories as a child it was so much better. We do Frozen Singalong and Tower Of Terror. Tower Of Terror was a bit much for DS and DH yells at me for letting him go on it. He kept saying ‘that was fuun’ but DH was being all dramatic saying ‘yes but at the moment he was scared.’ Well yes, DUH. That would be the point. Some Brazilian people ruined the ride by using flash photography and their iphone torches the WHOLE ride. Not one cast member did a damn thing to stop them even though they saw them in the ‘library’ PLAYING MUSIC on their phones. So that was our first proper disaster this trip at Disney. They also tried to skip the queue and I asked one of them if she was intending on doing disney with my child instead of me when she separated us. The Londoner in me had a desire to shove her but again.. Disney happiness and all I just stuck a smile on my face and mentally enjoyed the thought of shoving her in a trashcan.
We leave immediately after using the bathrooms, which are by far the dirtiest I have seen on Disney property and take the boat to Epcot abandoning out other fast passes. That whole place is just in major need of a facelift. I wont be back. DH hated it. DS not impressed either.

The boatride is so enjoyable and we get to see Broadwalk, Beach Club and Yacht Club as well as Swan & Dolphin. It is also perfect timing as the rain has started to fall and conveniently stops on our arrival to Epcot. We do UK & Canada and make our way to The Garden Grill. I love the UK showcase it is so accurate. Not to London but to a little village in Oxfordshire or Devon it is pretty spot on.
I am driving DH crazy by stopping at every shop on the search for the green & purple sequin mouse ears (or the orange & black ones) I can’t seem to find anywhere. Like literally ANYWHERE!! Originally we had a 2pm lunch but thanks to the app I bump it to 12.30!! Perect!!

The Garden Grill
Personally I love this place. The characters came around twice and were so nice to DS. Really great if you want to meet Micky, Chip n’ Dale and Pluto. The food was really good. A solid 7/10 I wasn’t expecting much but I went to town on the platter. DS & I ate ALL the stuffing, mac n’cheese and turkey. It was lovely. Quality wise I feel Liberty Tree Tavern has the upper hand but this was damn good too. I could have easily eaten another bowl of Mac N’ Cheese all by myself. You are going to roll me back to London. I weighed myself before I left am curious how much I will have put on or if the walking will cancel it all?

We then walked around the World Pavilion. I got some henna and DS had his face painted. He started crying because he thought he was now forever a teddy bear/Canada bear. After we calmed him down he fell asleep so we walked to the monorail with our sad snoring teddy and went back to the GF. As we entered the room rain started pouring down. So much for a Magic Kingdom evening!! So we are now chilling. I will update if we do anything more interesting than room service. Tomorrow my Uncle and Mum are arriving and it will be a MK day.

Next day here
Yesterday's report here.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter