• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Day 2 Phillips' Family Dining Report

live4christp1

DIS Veteran
Tueday March 8 was our Epcot day. We ate breakfast in our resort today, so nothing to report. Our kids tend to do better with cereal, milk, and toast...not big breakfast food eaters.....DD is allergic to eggs also so not usually something we do.

Mostly just snacked on counter service today, wanted to try a few things. In the UK we had an order of fish and chips for the kids, everyone else wanted something from Japan....the kids liked the fries but weren't to thrilled with the fish so we finished it off. We weren't overly impressed with this....not very much flavor at all and very greasy......DS hands were so greasy he dropped the coke. We've been to the UK and had fish & chips in Ireland and this wasn't at all even close. Won't try this again on next trip.

We made it to Japan in time to catch the end of the candy demo....so we decided to go eat and come back in time for the next show. DH and brother went up and ordered at the counter service in Japan, Yakitori house I think, I had the kids order of chicken, rice, and vegetable, very good, small portion but I didn't want a big meal in case I saw something else I wanted to try. DH had the chicken with rice and there was something else on the plate, not sure what it was, he said it was good though. Brother had a plate that had chicken, rice, that other stuff, a big shrimp, he said it was very good, especially the shrimp. I had walked back to Morrocco to get DD and DS the kids chicken tenders & fries, as I knew they wouldn't eat anything in Japan. They ate the chicken tenders, said they were very good....but hey, how can you go wrong with chicken tenders. While waiting in line for the chicken tenders though, I started wishing I had tried something there at the Tangeriene Cafe.....the food looked great and smelled wonderful. Will have to make a note to try it next time. Huge plates of food and huge wraps, you could order one and share it and still have enough.

Later that evening the kids and I ate at The Electric Umbrella while DH and brother rode Test Track again.....we had this last year and enjoyed it. I had the sandwich and it was really good, more than I could eat though. The kids had the chicken nuggets.....I know, chicken again, my kids are not very adventerous eaters, they wouldn't care if we ate chicken every day, three meals a day.....good thing I work for a poultry producer huh? The sandwich I had this year was not the same one I tried last year though, they must have changed the menu. This year the food was good, not great.

Back around the other side of the World Showcase, we stop at China for DH and brother to grab something. DH loves oriental food. They each orderd the kids portion of rice with the egg roll and then the order of vegetable Lo Mein, it was really good. We discovered last year that if you want rice and Lo Mein noodles, this is the best deal to get both. It is a pretty big serving of rice with an egg roll and a huge portion of Lo Mein and vegetables. They were stuffed when they finished.

The only other thing we tried while at Epcot was some chocolates from the store in Germany. These were very, very, very good......I am a chocoholic. We have to do chocolate though when DD is asleep because she is also allergic to chocolate.

Well, hope this info helps someone......we are counter food people, hard for me to spend and hour to an hour and a half in a sit down place when there is so much to see and do in the parks.

Oh, BTW, after our lunch in Japan, we got back to the Candy demo cart before time and we were the first ones there. She picked DS first and DD 2nd and they each got a candy, a dinosaur and a cat. She is so talented, we got pictures and video.....the kids loved this....they ate the candy though. Stop by and see this when you are in Epcot, there are several shows a day. She is very quick and makes several candys at each show. It takes her one minute to form an animal from a little ball of taffy.

Thanks for the detailed food reviews. I just looked at the Tangierine Cafe menu, might be good for us as DS could order a burger and DH, DD and I are more adventurous. I'm sure I've walked by here before, but can't remember it. Do they have tables there you can sit at?
:)

Yes they have tables inside and out. The food looked wonderful and the Chef is preparing it right there, you can watch him. They also had some sort of pizza that looked pretty good. Hope you enjoy and have a great trip!

My family likes to have a light bite at Yakitori House so we can snack on something else as we walk around Epcot. It gets a bad rap on the boards sometimes but we've always found it to good.

The veggie lo mein sounds great!

Thanks for posting.

--penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter