Nickylv

DIS Veteran
It’s early morning and the sun is trying to peek out of the cloudy skies. Looks like it is going to be a nice day for our last full day here.

We have a 12:00 pm reserved spot on the Rise of the Resistance in the studios. We have tried to get on that ride since the day it opened here in Florida and Disneyland in California but we were shut out every time. Finally we are scheduled and are nervous as hell. I get motion sickness and my wife does not like rides that drop. You could not imagine how hard it was to get her to go on Pirates of the Caribbean. When she did finally go on it, she wanted to go on again and again. We will see how both of us react to this ride.

Okay we arrived at the Studios and The Ride of The Resistance experience at 12:30pm. We were ushered on the ride immediately with no time to be nervous, at least not me, my wife was shaking she was so scared. I kept telling her everyone says it nothing to be nervous about. When we went thru the first phase, so cool. When we were captured and brought in for interrogation that was so cool and fun. My wife was so scared that the drop was going to freak her out and when it happened I saw the fright roll right out of her. When it was over she said “I want to do that again” I thought it was a great experience and would do that again too. Next time we are here for sure. To anyone who gets motion sickness (thats me for sure) it never happened at any time during this experience. Yes there is movement but the action happening around you makes it fun and entertaining and no time to feel sick and thats coming from someone who can not sit in the passengers seat in a car, I have to be the driver or I will get car sick. If I had to sit in the back seat of a car you might as well end my life, I will suffer from sickness just as soon as the car takes off. This was not what I call a ride, it was an experience and a very fun one at that.

Afterwards we went right to the gondolas and took them right to Epcot to have some lunch at the food and wine booths. We stopped at many booths, some we liked and some well, why waste the calories. After looking at the dark clouds rolling in I checked the weather report and saw 100% chance of rain at 4:00pm. It was 3:30 now and we were far from the world showcase entrance and the boat back to the Boardwalk Resort. I really wanted to try the Guinness Baileys shake but the skies looked like they were ready to open up so we raced and made it just in time before it started to rain. I think we will rest for a while before heading to the Swan and Dolphin international food and wine festival.

Its 7:00 and the Festival was amazing. Really great food, lots to drink and a really great band. This event spanned the full length and every where in between the Swan and the Dolphin and there were venders for Wine and Beer everywhere, mixed into this was samplings of foods from many high end restaurants and big named chiefs. This event is a must do. Everything was a class act.

We left the event around 9:20 and made our way to the front of the Dolphin and caught a bus to the Magic Kingdom for the Boo Bash. I had noticed that we were getting on a Mears bus not a Disney bus. Throughout this trip we drove or took a boat to where ever we were going so I was wondering if Disney got rid of their own buses and replaced them with Mears. Well I was soon to find out about that. My wife and I were on the bus with other Boo Bash goers and soon the bus driver announced that we were at the Magic Kingdom stop. When we got off the bus the two of us were very disoriented. We looked around and did not see the entrance to the park. I thought we misunderstood and got off at the wrong stop but asking another rider where the entrance was, she told us that at the Swan and Dolphin Mears lets you off at the Ticket and Transportation center. I have never been there before so we were lost. So we now had to go over to the monorail and take it to Magic Kingdom. We are now in the massive crowds that let out of the MK after the fireworks. We are at the front of the line to get on the monorail which soon becomes very long. We are told that on the high peak time after the fireworks they do not let any passengers on the tram to MK since they want to get the massive crowds out as fast as they can, but what I saw was when the trams arrived and all the crowds let out of the vehicle it went back to the MK empty while those who were attempting to get over to the boo bash were left standing in line watching tram after tram return empty. I think it might make sense that when there is a special event like the Boo Bash they need to treat the incoming guest just as good as the out going guest especially since they are paying for an additional entry fee. This may not have been something that was thought of since usually when the park closes there are not crowds of people looking to return to the park. Making the crowd that was going to MK for the Boo Bash watch empty tram after empty tram going back to the park was a big let down especially since it was a long time before we finally got on a tram and had to stop at every property. So by the time we got to the MK we were exhausted. It took an hour and a half to go from the Dolphin to MK. As soon as we disembarked it started to rain. We went in walked over to the Jungle Cruise got right on, (excellent as always) then to Pirates of the Caribbean and walked right on that. As fun as this all could have been, all the running around, from the Studios, Epcot, Swan and Dolphin food and wine festival and then the long and drawn out travel to the Magic Kingdom all in one day we were exhausted and decided to leave after a half an hour of being there. I’m sure it would have been a fun time but as you may have guessed my wife and I are not spring chickens so arriving back to our place getting ready for bed and going to sleep was exactly what we needed.

Tomorrow is our exit day. To be continued.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!