• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Day 1 Phillips' Family Dining Report

live4christp1

DIS Veteran
Monday March 7th, day one brought breakfast ressies at CP with Pooh and the gang. We had an 8:05 PS which we were late for (for details see our trip report) and there was a big crowd outside although the dining room looked fairly empty. We were seated in a short time and I took DS in line for food while DH waited with DD. DS only wanted a waffle....to interested in the characters. I had to try a little of everything. The breakfast lasagna was wonderful. Would love to have the recipe. Should have bought the book I saw in the park. The food was good.....was rushing myself because we were meeting the rest of our family when the park opened....they ended up being late so we should have just enjoyed it and taken our time. DD was scared of the characters this year and screamed and cried when they started toward our table. Enjoyed the breakfast, the food was great and the character interaction was okay, I know part of this could have been due to DD reaction, but I think Chef Mickey's last year was way more fun.

Lunched at Pecos Bill's - Kids and me had the kids hot dog meals, DH had the cheeseburger. This was good, although the topping bar didn't seem as appealing this time, I know they had the same items, guess it was just me. Would say this was an okay meal, we really enjoyed it last year, maybe try something different next year.

Thanks BettyC for the recipe. I will have to think up some special occasion to fix this for. Would be wonderful anytime I think.

Thanks for posting! I'm sorry about your little one's reactions to the characters. They grow up fast so enjoy every stage, even the screaming ones!

--penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter