Date Nights While on Vacation

lilaurora

Mouseketeer
Hi, All! I posted this over on the Adult/Solo thread, but I thought that I might get some additional ideas from you folks over here. :goodvibes

My husband and I are planning to have some time ourselves while on our family trip in January (19-27). We have 2 evenings planned to take DD to the Neverland club (we are staying at the Poly). Both evenings we'll drop her off right around 4:00 when they open and plan to pick her up no later than 10:00. One night we already plan to have dinner at Epcot and then wander leisurely around World Showcase for a couple of hours. I got some neat ideas for this Epcot night over on the other board. :thumbsup2

We would like something just as or more romantic for our other evening. I was thinking of maybe having dinner over at Shulas or another restaurant in that general area and then checking out the Boardwalk.

Neither one of us has been to that part of WDW, so it would be nice to experience something new as well as romantic. I know it can be cold in January, so walking the Boardwalk could be chilly, but then again it would give us a reason to be close

Any other ideas for a romantic evening? The only thing I think I would have to count out for sure is the carriage ride at Port Orleans as I'm allergic to horses.

Thanks much!

Eating at California Grill during the fireworks is really nice!

The California Grill sounds nice! And it's someplace we haven't been before. :) Any thoughts on what to pair with it to make it an evening since we'll have several hours to ourselves?

I was just at the california grill for my anniversary and I thought it was anything but romantic. It was soooooo loud we couldn't hear each other talk. It felt like a really overpriced cafeteria. One thing you could do is hop on the monorail and get off at each hotel, look around, and get a cocktail. Maybe time it so you can be somewhere to view wishes together. I also love your boardwalk idea and though I've never been myself people say great things about Jellyrolls and their dueling pianos.

Ooh, that's good to know about Cali Grill. We would definitely want something more subdued. I haven't strolled the Boardwalk before, so I wasn't sure if my thoughts on a romantic stroll there was on point or not. :) I've read some great things about Jellyrolls, too. Since we won't be out late (would leave about 9-ish to pick up DD), would it be worth it to stop in?

I do think walking hand in hand around WS at night is very romantic...but as far as restaurnts go...so far, I think the most romantic ones we've eaten in are Jiko, Narcoossee's and San Angel Inn (ask and wait for a waterside table). I have not been to Bistro yet in France and that is suppossed to be romantic as well.
I'd say, pick a restaurant in EPCOT and walk around WS and over to the BW area...
Or, eat at Narcoossee's and time it so you can go outside to watch Wishes from the deck.
Or, eat at Jiko and have a drink while sitting at the firepit in the lobby...SO COZY! Then take a cab back to the Poly....

:goodvibes

Lorelei528 said:
I do think walking hand in hand around WS at night is very romantic...but as far as restaurnts go...so far, I think the most romantic ones we've eaten in are Jiko, Narcoossee's and San Angel Inn (ask and wait for a waterside table). I have not been to Bistro yet in France and that is suppossed to be romantic as well.
I'd say, pick a restaurant in EPCOT and walk around WS and over to the BW area...
Or, eat at Narcoossee's and time it so you can go outside to watch Wishes from the deck.
Or, eat at Jiko and have a drink while sitting at the firepit in the lobby...SO COZY! Then take a cab back to the Poly....

:goodvibes

AKL wasn't even on my radar, but you paint a great picture! Plus, it would another new thing for us. :) I'll definitely put that on the list to talk over with DH.

For the first time we are going to use a sitter on our trip so DH and I can have dinner at Fulton's. He really wants to try it and I know that DS will never make it through dinner there. We were spoiled with DD who has been excellent in restaurants since day 1. DD has chosen to stay in the room with DS and the sitter.

DH chose Fulton's to get some seafood and I'm hoping afterwards to spend a little time in downtown Disney or something, not sure yet. But we don't plan to be too late.

We had dinner at Shula's on our first trip and it was wonderful and would be very romantic I think.

For the first time we are going to use a sitter on our trip so DH and I can have dinner at Fulton's. He really wants to try it and I know that DS will never make it through dinner there. We were spoiled with DD who has been excellent in restaurants since day 1. DD has chosen to stay in the room with DS and the sitter.

DH chose Fulton's to get some seafood and I'm hoping afterwards to spend a little time in downtown Disney or something, not sure yet. But we don't plan to be too late.

We had dinner at Shula's on our first trip and it was wonderful and would be very romantic I think.

Thanks for your insight on Shula's. Fulton's would be something that I would enjoy, but even though DH likes seafood, he LOVES a good steak. Enjoy your first Disney date night. I hope you have a great time!

Soooooo.....

DH and I discussed some options from what I had come up with and with all the wonderful ideas from you all :)

He would really like a good steak, so preferably someplace that has several options for him to choose from. However, he wasn't so keen on walking around after dinner. Even though I've lived in WI my whole life, I am super big wussy when it comes to the cold (ex. I swear a sweater at the movies year round) :rotfl:. So he thinks that since it will most likely be a bit chilly in the evening, I'll end up being my wussy self and call it an early night if we go out walking.

Any cozy (i.e. indoor or mixed indoor/outdoor) ideas for after dinner? One poster had mentioned the fire at AKL. It sounds nice, but I'm not sure it would be a good use of our time to travel there from wherever we may be eating.

TIA :goodvibes

Soooooo.....

DH and I discussed some options from what I had come up with and with all the wonderful ideas from you all :)

He would really like a good steak, so preferably someplace that has several options for him to choose from. However, he wasn't so keen on walking around after dinner. Even though I've lived in WI my whole life, I am super big wussy when it comes to the cold (ex. I swear a sweater at the movies year round) :rotfl:. So he thinks that since it will most likely be a bit chilly in the evening, I'll end up being my wussy self and call it an early night if we go out walking.

Any cozy (i.e. indoor or mixed indoor/outdoor) ideas for after dinner? One poster had mentioned the fire at AKL. It sounds nice, but I'm not sure it would be a good use of our time to travel there from wherever we may be eating.

TIA :goodvibes

Boardwalk is really nice and not crazy.....BUT....might be a bit chilly with the water. But it's nice there and you're right next to EPCOT where you can watch Illuminations.

brettcw23 said:
Boardwalk is really nice and not crazy.....BUT....might be a bit chilly with the water. But it's nice there and you're right next to EPCOT where you can watch Illuminations.

See, that just makes me want to check it out even more! :) Maybe I'll just have to make sure to pack some really warm clothes... Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Monorail to the grand Floridian and eat at Citrocoses or if it's in the budget Victoria and alberts. Both sound great.

I guess it all depends on what y"all want to do....as far a date/fun/daring night or date/romantice night.

DH & usually head towards Disney Studios for date night. Eating at the Brown Derby (Cobb salad to die for) , great bottle of wine, awesome atmosphere....then off to a fun night of walking under the twinkling lights of the trees. Maybe see Beauty & the Beast(my all time fav), Little Mermaid (fav & romanitc~ even under the bubbly sea), Toy Story 3D ride for fun, and Great Movie ride to reminisece....for the adventerous...Rock Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror and end the night with Fastmasmic.

Hope you have a great night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter