• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DAS without Fastpass +

mrbill4701

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

Going in October for a long overdue trip. Our youngest is on the spectrum, and we have used DAS coupled with Fastpass+ to much success. He is likely to meltdown in long queues.
My concern is that the absence of Fastpass+ may create some difficulty, as we could utilize a fastpass while waiting for a DAS ride or vice versa. In that regard I have two questions. Has anyone here had experience using DAS since the absence of Fastpass+? If so, can you give me an idea of how it may have went? My other question being, in the event he has a difficult time without the benefit of Fastpass+, are there any additional accommodations that Disney is offering for those on DAS at this time?

I just got a return time, like previously and rode. Currently only the DAS is available. Fast pass isn't available to any one right now. When you arrive at guest relations to inquire about the DAS, I suggest you express your concerns to the cast member assisting you. Hopefully, they will have a suggestion or recommendation.

Hi All,

Going in October for a long overdue trip. Our youngest is on the spectrum, and we have used DAS coupled with Fastpass+ to much success. He is likely to meltdown in long queues.
My concern is that the absence of Fastpass+ may create some difficulty, as we could utilize a fastpass while waiting for a DAS ride or vice versa. In that regard I have two questions. Has anyone here had experience using DAS since the absence of Fastpass+? If so, can you give me an idea of how it may have went? My other question being, in the event he has a difficult time without the benefit of Fastpass+, are there any additional accommodations that Disney is offering for those on DAS at this time?

We went in December and were pleasantly surprised using just the DAS without FP available. For one thing, wait times - while nowhere near as short as last summer - were still a lot shorter than when FP+ is running. For example, I don't think we saw PP at more than 25 minutes the entire 2 weeks we were there, and usually it's a minimum of 50-75 minutes. It meant we could ride a lot more things while waiting for our DAS time, whereas with the limited number of FP+ reservations we often found ourselves stuck for awhile. I was concerned, but it ended up being easier and less stressful than when FP is in the mix.

I wouldn’t expect any additional accommodations. The DAS is still doing what it is supposed to do - helping those of us who cannot wait in the normal line. The DAS is not supposed to be about getting to ride extra rides during the wait period (not that it doesn’t/shouldn’t happen but that isn’t the purpose), so I don’t see any argument for getting extra accommodations due to lack of FP+.

I have actually been able to go on more things now, with lines being shorter, then I have ever in the past. I can't say that it will stay that way and I think that October is going to be crazy busy this year with it being the 50th. You will have to come up with something else to do then other rides. Have you looked at the Disney Play app? My daughter and I really had fun with it on our trip last week. There is a ton to do in Galaxy's Edge especially.

We went in August. I know lines are longer now, but most people are still saying wait times seem inflated. Because no one is in the Fastpass lines, once our return time came, we basically walked straight through the lines without any additional waiting. We also had some lines where they just waves us straight into the FP lines instead of giving us a return time. But back then almost nothing was over 30 minute wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter