DAS question at WDW

kpd6901

DIS Veteran
So, I used DAS at WDW for DS6 this past November. It took us a little bit on Black Friday to really get into the swing of using it after fighting tough crowds at Dumbo and Barnstormer - he had a tough time. Anyway, we used it religiously the rest of our trip, which was a lifesaver. We then went to DL last month and used it there. Again, it was incredibly helpful. There are differences between the two parks procedurally. At WDW, you go to the ride, and they needed him to come with me to get the return time. At DL, they have kiosks located sporadically, so you go here, not to the ride. However, I did not need to bring my son to the kiosk, just bring his ticket (no MB at DL). So, here's my question. We obviously don't want to take off his MB at WDW, but could we also get a physical park ticket (attached to his MB), and then I can take it with me to get his return times? And he can stay with Mom or whatever he is doing? Is it possible for him to have both a MB and a physical ticket?

You don’t him or his magic band to get a return time at WDW. Anyone that is linked in the DAS can get a return time with their own magic band.
Huh. Really? Is that new since Thanksgiving? Because I know they said that I needed to take him to get a return time (or, "make sure he's with you"), but that anyone could take him to get the return time. I had him running all over. In this case, it ended up ok, but it could have been disastrous, since he is an escape artist, too.

WDW DAS does not require the DAS holder to go and get a return time. They make it a point to say that anyone can get the return time. As of last month, MK and DHS both had kiosks around the parks where you can get return times. Not sure if that is just in testing or will stick around. Anyone can get a physical ticket if they want one. But you do not need to have his MB to get a return time. As long as you are on the list of those linked to his DAS, you can use your MB to set up the time. Not sure why you had those issues on your last trip. From what I understand, it has been this way since DAS started.

WDW DAS does not require the DAS holder to go and get a return time. They make it a point to say that anyone can get the return time. As of last month, MK and DHS both had kiosks around the parks where you can get return times. Not sure if that is just in testing or will stick around. Anyone can get a physical ticket if they want one. But you do not need to have his MB to get a return time. As long as you are on the list of those linked to his DAS, you can use your MB to set up the time. Not sure why you had those issues on your last trip. From what I understand, it has been this way since DAS started.
Ok. Thank you! I don't see the kiosks on the app maps (you can at DL). I assume this is because 9f the current temporary test nature of them? Can you let me know where they are located at MK?

Last edited:
I know they said that I needed to take him to get a return time (or, "make sure he's with you"), but that anyone could take him to get the return time.

Sorry you received incorrect information last fall. He must be with you when you initially request the DAS (or renew it), but anyone in your party can get a return time. He does need to ride in order to use the DAS return time, and he should scan his MB first.

Enjoy your vacation!

Huh. Really? Is that new since Thanksgiving? Because I know they said that I needed to take him to get a return time (or, "make sure he's with you"), but that anyone could take him to get the return time. I had him running all over. In this case, it ended up ok, but it could have been disastrous, since he is an escape artist, too.
The other posters already clarified that he doesn’t need to be with you to request a DAS Return Time.

I wanted to answer that it is not new. We have used DAS since a few months after it started. In the beginning, it was a card that one member of the group had to take to the attraction. The person DAS was issued to did not need to be present.
When DAS became digital and was linked on Magicband/tickets, any member of the group linked to the DAS was able to use their own Magicband to get a Return Time.

I wonder if what was meant was that the guest DAS was issued to needs to be there to USE the DAS Return Time?
I know that is on the information you have to sign when DAS is issued.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter