DAS + FP+(reserved in advance) = One happy mama!

amzking

DIS Veteran
We are AP holders and have been anxiously awaiting the opportunity to do FP+ in advance with the new DAS. Just got back from a half-day trip to AK and had a blast! I thought I would share my day to show how one can use both effectively.

I reserved our times on Friday, planning on arriving close to RD to maximize our ride time.

Primeval Whirl 9-10
EE 1040-1140
Safari 1145-1245

Today (sunday) came and guess, what, I overslept! We wouldn't get to the parks until close to 10! So I hopped online really quick before we left and made PW 940-1040, in roughly 3 minutes.

Got the DAS at GR INSIDE the gate, the line was shorter. They went ahead, at my request, and signed us up for our first ride, EE, at GR. Wait time 20 minutes, they made it 10. By the time we got to the ride we hopped on using the DAS.

Then we had them sign it again before heading off to PW with our FP+.

Rode PW, headed back to EE. Rode TWICE in a row, with the FP+ and the DAS. Done with that by 11. Got the card signed again for EE.

Decided we wanted to see Nemo at 12. Hopped online with the MDE app and changed our Safari window to 1245-145. Ate lunch at Flame Tree. Got to Nemo at 1145, joining the standby line, got a fine seat, loved the show as usual.

Rode EE one more time (we REALLY love that ride). We could have gotten another time written for another ride at that point but we were close to being done for the day. Made a quick jaunt through one of the walking trails (the tiger one, I forget the name) before catching the Safari using FP+ during the tail end of our return time. Had an ice cream and went home.

If we had arrived at RD it would have been even better.

I CAN'T WAIT to use it for F! (never attempted because of the HUGE wait) and for preferred viewing of Illuminations. And looking forward to checking the times available before heading over for a quick after-school few hours.

So I hope I have illustrated how you can use both together to both avoid major criss crossing the parks and to ride those beloved rides multiple times. While I still mourn the loss of the GAC, this system is definitely one I can work with!

How long was the EE standby line that day?

I was wondering the same thing?

I have used the DAS along side the FP+ and made it work relatively well for us too! However when the standby lines are really long you do not get even close to as much as the OP did,

I trialled the FP+ in November for 3wks and used the DAS along side it, I then wrote my account of it here to show that using them both together is well worth doing the planning for,

There was however one day at Epcot where TT Soaring was really long waits just over 70mins and 9mins that made for a really difficult day as we had used our FP+ in another park and so we had a lot of waiting around and meltdowns that day.

OP thanks for sharing your AK day with the DAS and FP+ . Your FP are almost identical to our for our first full day in WDW next month. We have PW at 9am, EE at 10 and the Safari at 11. I was planning to get a DAS return time for EE so our DD could ride twice that morning as it is the only ride she asks to repeat in one day. We plan on having lunch after the safari. I hadn't thought about asking Guest Relations for a DAS return time.

We are arriving in WDW the day before and Epcot is will be our first park but I don't think we will need a DAS that evening. I already have our 3 FP+ scheduled and then we are going to see Peter Noone and the Herman's Hermits at the Flower Power concerts. We may just wait and get our GAC at AK the next morning.

Thanks again.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I sometimes forget that I post a thread - I guess I'm a busy mom - LOL!

Anyway, the longest wait time for Standby I saw for EE was I think 60 minutes.

I just dug out my pass - here's the scoop.

I had it signed for EE at GR when I picked up the DAS - at 950 AM the wait was 20 min. DONT be afraid to get the cast member at GR to sign the first one for you, if you're picking up a new card. I've never been turned down.

At 1017, after I rode it the first time, the wait was 35 minutes. Card signed again.

Then I rode PW, with a FP.

Returned at 1050 and had it signed again, 40 minute wait, got a return time of 1120.

Rode with a FP.

Later, after lunch and Nemo, used the above return time, since they don't expire.

I think the key was to do as much as possible in the morning before the crowds build. Rope drop, or close to it, is definitely more important than it was with the GAC.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I sometimes forget that I post a thread - I guess I'm a busy mom - LOL!

Anyway, the longest wait time for Standby I saw for EE was I think 60 minutes.

I just dug out my pass - here's the scoop.

I had it signed for EE at GR when I picked up the DAS - at 950 AM the wait was 20 min. DONT be afraid to get the cast member at GR to sign the first one for you, if you're picking up a new card. I've never been turned down.

At 1017, after I rode it the first time, the wait was 35 minutes. Card signed again.

Then I rode PW, with a FP.

Returned at 1050 and had it signed again, 40 minute wait, got a return time of 1120.

Rode with a FP.

Later, after lunch and Nemo, used the above return time, since they don't expire.

I think the key was to do as much as possible in the morning before the crowds build. Rope drop, or close to it, is definitely more important than it was with the GAC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter