Das - for UK guests

Disneyfan.UK121

Mouseketeer
Im reading lots of info on the changes happening. We are arriving from the UK on May 20th 😳. Pre applying for DAS is difficult as we can't access the disney dot com address from the UK without a VPN. We have always got DAS when in parks but this wont be an option come May 20th. I have two children with autism so im guessing their needs will still be listened to but for overseas guests this is tricky. We cant even get the info as its on the US site.

Also, does anyone know if pre selects are still given for trips starting May 20th? I guess I will be one of the first to find out ( 30 day Window for us starts April 21. I will keep you all posted.

I'm starting to have anxieties around all this! I'm expecting chaos when we come now.

It will still be an option upon arrival, but it will be via virtual chat rather than in person.

I wonder how that is going to work? City Hall? Or maybe somewhere else?
Gosh this is going to be super stressful for my kids doing this in public. I guess I'm going to be one of the first to go through this as our first day is May 20th 🙈.

To access the US Walt Disney World website you can download a vpn as long as it's secured and you should be able to join the queue for DAS video call for your interview.

I'm from the Netherlands and I use a VPN to get to the US Disney site. There are so many VPNs and there are always special offers to be found, or they have an option for 1 month.

NordVPN currently costs less than 17 euro for 1 month. Which is basically nothing on an entire Disney vacation budget. 😉

Yes, it is annoying to pay extra to get access to a site. Yes, the waiting for a video call and the time difference are not ideal. But it is what it is. I had no issues applying for DAS with a VPN in the past.

Hi we’re travelling in August. My son is autistic and we had been planning to register for DAS on arrival. I have Nord VPN but read on these boards previously that Disney had somehow blocked use of VPNs to pre register for DAS from UK in the last year or so. I guess a virtual call on arrival might be ok, unless you end up on hold for hours at the start of your holiday. We’re a party of six - children aged 6 and 8, me and my husband and my parents. I’m not sure my parents will count as immediate family looking at new guidance, but as both boys are minors we should be allowed the extra person?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter