• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS for Smuggler’s Run

ParksPixar&Pizza

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I have always had the DAS system, but was wondering if they had it available for Smuggler’s Run? All the articles I’ve found are pretty old

Thanks everyone,

Yes, they do. It works the same as for every other ride. You will enter through the fastpass line (which is currently only being used for this purpose).

Just be aware that the fp line skips nearly the entire, awesome queue. Send the biggest SW fans through standby so they can experience everything.

I know, but going behind the facon, wrapping around the hangar, and seeing the falcon from above are all pretty awesome. :) Not looking forward to when they add fp to it as the stand by line will probably be too long to wait in.

Just be aware that the fp line skips nearly the entire, awesome queue. Send the biggest SW fans through standby so they can experience everything.

Completely understandable, there's pros and cons to both I guess :/ Just dont think I can wait that 60-70 minutes in line

It’s frequently 25mn or less at night, particularly during the week. The two
Friday nights I was there it was still busy though- I’m thinking a lot of the Orlando area people go after work.

It’s frequently 25mn or less at night, particularly during the week. The two
Friday nights I was there it was still busy though- I’m thinking a lot of the Orlando area people go after work.
Up to this point I think the average wait time throughout the day has been 50-60 minutes, but I've frequently seen it around 45. Wednesday night when I went the posted wait time was 25 minutes, but I don't think I waited longer than 15 in total. The wait's have been very manageable thus far.

As for the queue line, seeing the back of the ship is cool, but it's not something I would get too upset about. There's not a whole lot to see in the line area inside the building. The real treasure is being inside the Falcon while waiting for the ride, and you won't miss that if you go through a FP line.

This is probably a no, but figure no harm in asking. So Guest Services have told me that I will qualify for a DAS as I'm unable to queue for long periods for medical reasons. I'm travelling with my husband and 3 kids age 5,3 and 1. Can we utilise babyswap if I'm using DAS? SWGE is probably the only time we would use this as for all the other 'big' attractions that baby can't go on we will be using FP+ and therefore wont have a long wait. Any advice gratefully accepted. Also, have there been any whispers as to when SWGE will be getting FP+?
Thanks!

edited to add
Due to medical issues I would not be able to wait on my own with the baby for extended period of time eg 1 hour plus, and I'm guessing the standby line would likely be that long, especially with Rise of the Resistance bringing more people in to HS. . My little boy is Star Wars obsessed and really don't want him to have to miss out on this because of me!

Last edited:
The problem with low wait time is still not experiencing the queue. I did a 40 min wait and was pretty much moving the whole way so couldn’t do the datapad stuff

The problem with low wait time is still not experiencing the queue. I did a 40 min wait and was pretty much moving the whole way so couldn’t do the datapad stuff
This is true, but generally speaking I'd rather get on the ride quicker than wait longer in the queue, for most all rides. The queue will always be there; the low waits times won't.

This is probably a no, but figure no harm in asking. So Guest Services have told me that I will qualify for a DAS as I'm unable to queue for long periods for medical reasons. I'm travelling with my husband and 3 kids age 5,3 and 1. Can we utilise babyswap if I'm using DAS? SWGE is probably the only time we would use this as for all the other 'big' attractions that baby can't go on we will be using FP+ and therefore wont have a long wait. Any advice gratefully accepted. Also, have there been any whispers as to when SWGE will be getting FP+?
Thanks!

edited to add
Due to medical issues I would not be able to wait on my own with the baby for extended period of time eg 1 hour plus, and I'm guessing the standby line would likely be that long, especially with Rise of the Resistance bringing more people in to HS. . My little boy is Star Wars obsessed and really don't want him to have to miss out on this because of me!

As long as you're the DAS holder and you go on the ride, you should be able to use rider swap as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter