DAS changes coming WDW May 20/ DL June 18, 2024

If I understand correctly, this is available to everyone. Now, let me play this out for you as devil's advocate. Family of five Mom, Dad, 13ish year old kid and a sevenish and five year old. Mom says to Dad, hey you guys wait here in the space mountain line while I take the two younger ones to the bathroom (aka Dumbo and barnstormer). Mom tells the cast member they need to use the bathroom, takes the two younger kids to the bathroom and then comes back 50 mins later to join the 13 year old and the Dad with the other two kids. Genius F'n plan disney. This will be more abused than DAS was.
In this scenario, who is harmed by Mom taking two kids on other rides instead of making them stand in line and complain? And what five year old is going on Space Mountain? You need to be seven.

I’m confused. If you are denied DAS and told to use AQR, are you given anything that shows you require this accommodation (maybe on the app?). If you end up leaving the queue, is there something you could show when you come back? If you are gone so long that your family rode without you, how do you prove you were in the line initially?
You must be given something. Right? Otherwise what’s to stop anyone from claiming they are meeting their group or that their family rode without them after they left?
*edited for spelling
Attraction Queue Re-entry is available to any guest, so no there is nothing to show to use it.
Each attraction may handle this differently, and/or different depending on where within the queue you leave, so you need to speak with a CM at the attraction to know the re-entry process.

In this scenario, who is harmed by Mom taking two kids on other rides instead of making them stand in line and complain? And what five year old is going on Space Mountain? You need to be seven.
No, you need to be 40" tall. There is no age requirement. Don't know where 7 came from. EDIT: RESEARCHED. You must be 7 to ride in a cart alone.

Who is harmed? The families behind them. The people in Barnstormer are now waiting behind them just as the people in space mountain are waiting behind them. The family is literally in two places at once.

Are they tracking who is leaving the line though? Will they be able to stop people from simply saying they are returning from earlier?
Are CM going to stop people from leaving because too many people are out already?
It seems like this is going to be a mess.

They give the option to leave the line and the response is pee in the boat?

For sure WDW needs to look at their own decisions why guest experience is dipping but visitors ruining things for other visitors to spite Disney is definitely not the answer.
First off, I was joking. I thought that was clear.

That said, if a guest gets to the point that they tell a cast member that they need to leave the line to use the bathroom, I would imagine that they are past the point of being certain that they can hold it. If they thought they could hold it, they probably wouldn't be having the conversation with a complete stranger.

If I understand correctly, this is available to everyone. Now, let me play this out for you as devil's advocate. Family of five Mom, Dad, 13ish year old kid and a sevenish and five year old. Mom says to Dad, hey you guys wait here in the space mountain line while I take the two younger ones to the bathroom (aka Dumbo and barnstormer). Mom tells the cast member they need to use the bathroom, takes the two younger kids to the bathroom and then comes back 50 mins later to join the 13 year old and the Dad with the other two kids. Genius F'n plan disney. This will be more abused than DAS was.
LOL, my brain could not come up with this in a million years.

I think it's not a big deal if it's a single group but if people turn this into some kind of "hack"? It could potentially be a big problem.

My 5 year old has been on space mountain, it’s one of his favorite rides. Both WDW and DL.

We have never been asked for his age, just checked for height. He’s been on almost all of them, guardians, space, incredicoaster, tower of terror, and will be going on Tron next month…maybe I’m just a bad parent but he loves them.

No, you need to be 40" tall. There is no age requirement. Don't know where 7 came from. EDIT: RESEARCHED. You must be 7 to ride in a cart alone.

Who is harmed? The families behind them. The people in Barnstormer are now waiting behind them just as the people in space mountain are waiting behind them. The family is literally in two places at once.
Thanks, sorry, don't know where I got the age thing from.

That said, if a guest gets to the point that they tell a cast member that they need to leave the line to use the bathroom, I would imagine that they are past the point of being certain that they can hold it. If they thought they could hold it, they probably wouldn't be having the conversation with a complete stranger.
Given that AQR is expected to be a disability accommodation, it's no longer just being used for bathroom emergencies.

I think it's not a big deal if it's a single group but if people turn this into some kind of "hack"? It could potentially be a big problem.
That's 100% what I meant. Think of it in the same sense as DAS. People have probably been abusing it forever, right? But once abuse got to the point that people were making instructional videos it caused real problems (if we are to believe Disney). For all we know, they could be cooking the books to kill off DAS.

That said, if a guest gets to the point that they tell a cast member that they need to leave the line to use the bathroom, I would imagine that they are past the point of being certain that they can hold it. If they thought they could hold it, they probably wouldn't be having the conversation with a complete strange
The mentality does not come across well whether joke or not.

Why isn’t this funny:
Disney had cheap hamburgers so I farted on people getting out of the boat. Take that Disney!

That's 100% what I meant. Think of it in the same sense as DAS. People have probably been abusing it forever, right? But once abuse got to the point that people were making instructional videos it caused real problems (if we are to believe Disney). For all we know, they could be cooking the books to kill off DAS.
I remember back in the old days of the original dumbo with it’s exterior queue, one of the big touring plans had it written out for parents to split up in the line then pass kids over the ropes so they get 2 quick rides. It wasn’t the reason they renovated the ride but they definitely eliminated that plan

If the goal was just to filter fakers they would just copy the universal/6 Flags system that has a 3rd party validate the requested accomodation.
Except they have seen that system is already a subject of lawsuits, why go down that road when there are already legal challenges?

The mentality does not come across well whether joke or not.

Why isn’t this funny:
Disney had cheap hamburgers so I farted on people getting out of the boat. Take that Disney!
Your failed attempt at either an analogy or a comparison also does not "come across well".

The point here was to highlight that the cast member's ridiculous response to someone saying they needed to leave the line was to ask them if they could hold it. Someone has reached the point of needing to ask to leave the line and the cast member was still resistant. Maybe we focus on that. Or in the alternative, just ignore my posts. That's also fine.

I’ve gone so far down the rabbit hole here that I can’t remember where I saw this. I think it was on this thread. Anyway, I’ve search elsewhere to verify and haven’t been able to. Here goes…

Someone posted that the new DAS, if you are approved, will actually include all the members on your trip (from you Friends and Family list), but only 4 can ride on any one DAS reservation. Something about Travel Party vs. Ride Party.

I’m only asking because we are a family of five with the same last name and address, but I am the aunt, not the parent or sibling. The above scenario would at least allow me to ride some of the time with my autistic nephew. Anyone see anything that would indicate this to be the case? TIA!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter