DAS at Disneyland Registration question

ClaraOswald

DIS Veteran
I haven't kept up on the DAS changes thread because it was getting too heated for me.

So I wanted to ask questions here.

Our first day in the parks at Disneyland will be June 18th.

That's the first day of the new rules. I just logged into the website and requested a chat. Says a 2+ hour wait so we shall see.

But I'm wondering....will I even be able to try to register or will they make me wait until the day-of when the new rules start??

I believe between now and June 18th any pre-registrations will be under the old rules. That's what occurred at WDW prior to May 20th. New rules only took effect for registrations done on/after May 20th.

That said... there have been sporadic reports over the past year of folks denied DAS at DLR, so you may want to be prepared. Some alternative accommodations have already been in effect there.

This is the wording from the DLR website:

For Guests visiting from April 9 through June 17, 2024, please note:
  • Pre-arrival conversations to determine eligibility for DAS are available 2-30 days prior to your park visit.
  • In-person conversations to determine eligibility for DAS will be at Guest Relations locations.
  • You can book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select experiences using our DAS Advance planning option.
DAS is valid for the length of the ticket or up to 30 days from the start of registration. Once the service has elapsed or when a new ticket is issued, Guests will need to re-register.

I haven't kept up on the DAS changes thread because it was getting too heated for me.

That's the first day of the new rules. I just logged into the website and requested a chat. Says a 2+ hour wait so we shall see.

But I'm wondering....will I even be able to try to register or will they make me wait until the day-of when the new rules start??
I think there is a chance. WDW did not stop allowing registration. Anyone who was eligible was allowed to register as soon as their window opened under the old registration criteria for their trip even if the trip was dated after the new registration.

Good luck! From what you’ve shared before, I think your family falls in the category for whom DAS was designed. I would consider mentioning that you are concerned [giving specific behavior details] how it might impact your child if they have to wait for a long queue on the first day to register at the park.

if they have to wait for a long queue on the first day to register at the park.
No need to get into that for any reason. Why would they have to wait to register at the park? The DLR website specifically states they can register in advance. Registration should be the same as it has been at DLR right now, just as last week it was still the same for WDW registrations.

Thanks, all.

I am keeping the browser/chat open. But sometimes I go over there and there's a thing that says to go the the last page or log in. Then I have trouble getting the actual chat to show up again. What the heck??

I'm not sure if I've ever had an actual 2 hour wait for DAS registration before. I feel like they are doing this to try to weed people out.

Historically the lines at GR in DLR have been really, really long. This is even with the call ahead option. I would imagine the old ticket booths are going to be a mess on the first day.

I can’t remember what I’d did when I kept getting the “return to previous screen” but it was not fun. I ended up waiting over 3 hours and then was disconnected.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your trip.

Thanks, all.

I am keeping the browser/chat open. But sometimes I go over there and there's a thing that says to go the the last page or log in. Then I have trouble getting the actual chat to show up again. What the heck??

I'm not sure if I've ever had an actual 2 hour wait for DAS registration before. I feel like they are doing this to try to weed people out.
The 'thing that says to go back to the last page or log in' happens on the WDW chat also. I've been told it's a timing out situation. Since you are logged into your account, it will time out after a while.
Follow the directions on the page and you should get back to chat in the Sam place you were before. I have sometimes found I ended up with a blank chat window. I resolved that by closing the chat window with the x in the corner of the chat window (no the whole window).

2 hour waits are not uncommon - it just means it's busy.

Thanks, all.

Did you get through and get approved?

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter