Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Return to Queue

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • OTHER

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Other Accommodations

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was approved for DAS at DLR today. Magic Key holder, so my DAS is good for 30 days. This differs from what I have been told before, i.e. that my expiration date would be 6/17 (the day before the new program rollout). DL and DCA are using the new rules/criteria now, even though their new program hasn't officially started yet. The CM asked a few very specific questions about my experience/issues in lines and we never mentioned any diagnoses. She seemed a bit confused and admitted that she felt I need the accommodation, but the new list doesn't really cover my issues and needs because DAS was really for those who "don't understand about standing in lines." She went to speak with her supervisor (who was standing nearby) because this was such a "gray area." After a long discussion, the supervisor told her to approve me, but to make sure I understood that I might not be approved again after 6/18. She also confirmed that the Disability Services location will be one of the Harbor side ticket booths. Genie/G+ and preselected rides were never mentioned.

Last edited:
Hi everyone.
I posted this on another board but wanted to share here too.
The one CM I spoke with said the way I was told was the way RTQ works. Epcot did not have any long lines for me to test it out but he said they are the ones to determine whether I can get a return time. They are heavily scrutinized as to how many they give out so I see it being rather difficult. The poor guy seemed a bit stressed when I approached him. He did look relieved when he realized I wasn’t going to yell at him. I feel so bad for the ride CMs. It seems their jobs have gotten more difficult. I’m also more stressed because I now have to approach each ride and explain my situation. I don’t do that well when I went to guest services and that was once every 2 months. Now I have to do it multiple times each time I go. I did forget to ask about the RTQ option showing up on my account because I was trying not to let all of my anxiety out at once. I know the ride will show if they add it but not sure about the option itself. it would make both my life and the CMs life much easier if they could see what I was ‘approved’ for.

I believe the R2Q is that if you need to leave the queue that the cast member will allow you to return to your group. I had this last year when my daughter had to leave the line. The cast member allowed us to return to our group when they got close to boarding the ride.
My understanding is R2Q has always existed. Disney is acting like it’s a new thing but it’s not.

A few years ago, my daughter had to pee when we were waiting for splash mountain. The CM told us to go to the bathrooms outside the ride exit and then we were let back in to rejoin our group.

So this isn’t at all new.

My understanding is R2Q has always existed. Disney is acting like it’s a new thing but it’s not.

A few years ago, my daughter had to pee when we were waiting for splash mountain. The CM told us to go to the bathrooms outside the ride exit and then we were let back in to rejoin our group.

No, it’s not new, but is now an accommodation for those not granted DAS. DAS users c

…the supervisor told her to approve me, but to make sure I understood that I might not be approved again after 6/18.
You’re not under the new rules then. When I did my WDW interview right before the switch I too had more intensive questions.

We’ve seen reports the last few weeks of DLR tightening up their approvals. Unfortunately we’ve also had reports the DLR CMs are spreading a lot of misinformation, they have a serious gossip problem. They state this stuff about the new program to people on these calls and in-person so matter of fact people are convinced it’s fact (my fav was the one who said only 14 and under will be approved going forward). Imho no one should trust anything a DLR DAS CM says beyond “you are or aren’t approved” until after the new program goes into effect.

I can't speak to the PP's needs... but I'm wondering if it's only some attractions where avoiding the queue is needed? I have read a couple of other reports recently and it seems there might be a notation made in MDE. Not sure on that. And I have seen a CM posting (elsewhere) that the Return to Queue is very limited, CMs will need to account for each RTQ given out and the reason why, and if they are granting too many they could be disciplined. So I don't believe it's ripe for abuse -- which also makes sense something is noted in the system.
It would make sense to have something in MDE - otherwise everyone would be asking

I'm wondering if maybe it is more dependent on the queue and the needs. If someone's needs would not be an issue in the queue, then why would you need a return time. For example, say you need a shaded place to wait and the entire queue is indoors, then no need for a return time. Or the queue at the moment is a walk on, but for whatever reason the wait time posted doesn't reflect that or you might not know that the wait time specified is a walk on (i.e. 13 minutes at Haunted Mansion), again the CM might deny it at that point because there really isn't a need.

I don't want to go into too many details of scenarios that I can think of, but I am wondering if that is what they mean and they just aren't communicating that clearly or stating it other ways to discourage abuse.

Another option I can think of is there could be xx number of slots at any time per attraction and if those are filled, they deny it until someone returns.

Of course this is just my guess, but it could explain some things.
I was thinking of the same things.
The reported rumor of CMs getting disciplined for 'giving out too many' might not be based on specific number given out. First of all, it might not even be correct.
If it is correct, it might be based on something else. For example, giving them out when the Standby Wait time is low; if there are time 'slots', giving out over the number of slots

It has always existed, but wasn't well know.
What is new is that Disney is publicizing it, especially for guests with disabilities who need to leave the line

I dont think disney is doing this to make more money. The "old" system was rampant with abuse.
I agree with this. Disney is only required by law to follow ADA guidelines. Everything else is extra/a courtesy. This is not about money, but limiting special accommodations that were abused. This is a hard place for Disney and guests to be in. :( Disney is in a no-win situation.

Wow. After years of my severely autistic son being eligible they denied him this morning. Immediately after the call he had a meltodown and is now terrified of our trip. If I had time to cancel without penalty I would but at this point its too late.
I would call and explain to them that you were denied DAS and cannot make the trip and you are requesting they waive the penalty charges. If they say no, ask to speak with a supervisor. It can be done, but not on a call center CM level in most cases.

Mine was a full package at The Contemporary with a theme park view. We were scheduled to arrive June 2nd. The CM on the phone had to speak with a supervisor a couple of times but I got a full refund.

I would call and explain to them that you were denied DAS and cannot make the trip and you are requesting they waive the penalty charges. If they say no, ask to speak with a supervisor. It can be done, but not on a call center CM level in most cases.
He received a full refund.

Have not had a chance to post on here. So, May 21st at 2pm I signed on to My Disney Experience (DAS) on my laptop. After one hour I had to transfer from my DAS queue to my smartphone as I was leaving to go shopping. I finally connected to a CM at 3pm in the parking lot of my grocery store. I spent close to 30 minutes with CM and Medical Advisor and was approved for DAS. It was long and very stressful but turned out well. On a side note, there is no documentation that shows that you were approved. What if, on the day I enter the park it does not show up on my app. Just a thought. Hope that does not happen. BTW, I voted yes.

Have not had a chance to post on here. So, May 21st at 2pm I signed on to My Disney Experience (DAS) on my laptop. After one hour I had to transfer from my DAS queue to my smartphone as I was leaving to go shopping. I finally connected to a CM at 3pm in the parking lot of my grocery store. I spent close to 30 minutes with CM and Medical Advisor and was approved for DAS. It was long and very stressful but turned out well. On a side note, there is no documentation that shows that you were approved. What if, on the day I enter the park it does not show up on my app. Just a thought. Hope that does not happen. BTW, I voted yes.
Were both the CM and the Medical Professional respectful towards you throughout the long interaction? (we've had a couple reports of rude CMs/medical professionals so that's why I ask)

We called yesterday and were offered R2Q. Not sure how it works. So we go to the CM at the front of the line and ask for a return like before the app? There is no notation on our account that we can see. Really kicking myself for not calling before May 20 as we have never been denied it before.

We called yesterday and were offered R2Q. Not sure how it works. So we go to the CM at the front of the line and ask for a return like before the app? There is no notation on our account that we can see. Really kicking myself for not calling before May 20 as we have never been denied it before.
It means some of your party can leave the standby queue if they need to and they will let them join back up with you when they can. Sometimes via the LL but it may vary for different attractions.

It means some of your party can leave the standby queue if they need to and they will let them join back up with you when they can. Sometimes via the LL but it may vary for different attractions.
What if it is only the person with the disability and one other person or the person needs both of us to tend to him which happens often?

Yes, you are correct that this is how return to queue will work. It may or may not be granted at each ride depending on your situation. CMs are supposed to use it sparingly whatever that means.

Hi everyone.
I posted this on another board but wanted to share here too.
The one CM I spoke with said the way I was told was the way RTQ works. Epcot did not have any long lines for me to test it out but he said they are the ones to determine whether I can get a return time. They are heavily scrutinized as to how many they give out so I see it being rather difficult. The poor guy seemed a bit stressed when I approached him. He did look relieved when he realized I wasn’t going to yell at him. I feel so bad for the ride CMs. It seems their jobs have gotten more difficult. I’m also more stressed because I now have to approach each ride and explain my situation. I don’t do that well when I went to guest services and that was once every 2 months. Now I have to do it multiple times each time I go. I did forget to ask about the RTQ option showing up on my account because I was trying not to let all of my anxiety out at once. I know the ride will show if they add it but not sure about the option itself. it would make both my life and the CMs life much easier if they could see what I was ‘approved’ for.
Could the CMs see you’d been approved on the call for RTQ somehow? It seems wild to have to describe your needs over and over!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter