DAS and Military Ticket

AmyMac1109

Mouseketeer
I glanced through a few pages of posts and did an unsuccessful search, so hopefully this isn't a redundant question....

My DS has previously qualified for DAS (which just expired) and I have no reason to believe he won't qualify again. I have planned our previous Disney trips and manage all of our plans through the MDE app. Registering him for DAS, booking advance selections and in park selections, etc. was very easy and straight forward (and since he's a child, I did it all for him). However, for our upcoming trip, we are not the "planners". We are traveling with another family who are members of the military. For obvious reasons, they are handling the booking of the resort and tickets for all of us.

What do I need to do to be able to pre-register my son for DAS again? Is it as simple as connecting with them on our Friends and Family List so they can assign the tickets to each of us and then we can manage it from there? Or will they need to manage this for us? I've never not been the "manager", so I'm not sure what I can or cannot do without being in control of the reservation. I know we can register DS for DAS once we get there, but I'd like to do it beforehand, if at all possible.

If this question/issue has already come up somewhere and anyone can point me to it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

I glanced through a few pages of posts and did an unsuccessful search, so hopefully this isn't a redundant question....

My DS has previously qualified for DAS (which just expired) and I have no reason to believe he won't qualify again. I have planned our previous Disney trips and manage all of our plans through the MDE app. Registering him for DAS, booking advance selections and in park selections, etc. was very easy and straight forward (and since he's a child, I did it all for him). However, for our upcoming trip, we are not the "planners". We are traveling with another family who are members of the military. For obvious reasons, they are handling the booking of the resort and tickets for all of us.

What do I need to do to be able to pre-register my son for DAS again? Is it as simple as connecting with them on our Friends and Family List so they can assign the tickets to each of us and then we can manage it from there? Or will they need to manage this for us? I've never not been the "manager", so I'm not sure what I can or cannot do without being in control of the reservation. I know we can register DS for DAS once we get there, but I'd like to do it beforehand, if at all possible.

If this question/issue has already come up somewhere and anyone can point me to it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
All you need is your ticket barcode for the DAS person. When your friends buy the military tickets on base, they will get sheets of paper with a barcode for each ticket. They should give you those barcode numbers so your party can manage your own tickets. On arrival, you ALL have to enter the same park at the same time so they can show their military ID as your sponsor, but after that, you are good to go on your own.

However, for DAS, if you want to ALL be one party for that, you need ALL the barcodes for the group to be linked in your MDE account. But they can also link them in their own MDE accounts. So, basically, YOU need to have access to everyone's tickets.

You can link in MDE as Friends & Family and be sure to share “all plans” — this will allow you to see the others and their tickets. Either they or you will need to enter the tickets and make park reservations. Once that is done, you can do the video chat for DAS and set-up Advanced Selections.

All you need is your ticket barcode for the DAS person. When your friends buy the military tickets on base, they will get sheets of paper with a barcode for each ticket. They should give you those barcode numbers so your party can manage your own tickets. On arrival, you ALL have to enter the same park at the same time so they can show their military ID as your sponsor, but after that, you are good to go on your own.
Got it. I had no idea about the barcodes. This will be our first time using a military ticket. Thanks for the info! I definitely want add them to our party for DAS purposes, so I'll make sure they're linked to my MDE account.

With respect to them having to show their military IDs as our sponsor- is that just the very first time we enter a park? Or is it every time we enter a park? We're going to be sticking close with them for the first three park days, but after that, we have different plans.

Got it. I had no idea about the barcodes. This will be our first time using a military ticket. Thanks for the info! I definitely want add them to our party for DAS purposes, so I'll make sure they're linked to my MDE account.

With respect to them having to show their military IDs as our sponsor- is that just the very first time we enter a park? Or is it every time we enter a park? We're going to be sticking close with them for the first three park days, but after that, we have different plans.

Just on the very first entry. After that, you can enter on your own as you please.

You can manually enter the tickets with the ticket number under the barcode.

Just on the very first entry. After that, you can enter on your own as you please.

You can manually enter the tickets with the ticket number under the barcode.
Perfect. Thanks so much for the info! I get a little panicky since this is our first time going this way and I don't know how it works!

Perfect. Thanks so much for the info! I get a little panicky since this is our first time going this way and I don't know how it works!

No worries! It's super easy. Be sure to thank your friends profusely for saving you so much money! 😆

No worries! It's super easy. Be sure to thank your friends profusely for saving you so much money! 😆
No kidding! I had no idea how much military discounts saved. We are actually cancelling a different trip and taking this one with them instead. Went from 3 days at Pop Century with 2 day single park tickets to 4 days at Poly with 4 day park hoppers for less money. Crazy!

If your sponsor purchased the tickets through Shades of Green, they will be 'pre-activated' and you don't need to do anything upon arrival at the parks. If they purchased them from the base/elsewhere, they will need to be activated (with the sponsor present and showing their ID), but I thought the gate-presentation of ID was only at Disneyland and WDW had to be at a ticket window/guest services.

If you have time in your schedule and can go to a guest services window (including Disney Springs) before your first park day, you can activate in advance.

https://www.militarydisneytips.com/...isney-armed-forces-salute-theme-park-tickets/

If your sponsor purchased the tickets through Shades of Green, they will be 'pre-activated' and you don't need to do anything upon arrival at the parks. If they purchased them from the base/elsewhere, they will need to be activated (with the sponsor present and showing their ID), but I thought the gate-presentation of ID was only at Disneyland and WDW had to be at a ticket window/guest services.

If you have time in your schedule and can go to a guest services window (including Disney Springs) before your first park day, you can activate in advance.

https://www.militarydisneytips.com/...isney-armed-forces-salute-theme-park-tickets/
Great info, thanks! I'm not sure where they are getting the tickets, but I'll mention it to them so we can plan accordingly.

If you are not a family member, can you even get the military discount? I thought it was for family members only?

If you are not a family member, can you even get the military discount? I thought it was for family members only?
Military can buy tickets for family and friends. If it's the Salute ticket, there is a limit with one supposed to be for the military member. I don't think there is any limit on the not-as-deeply-discounted Military MWY tickets.

What lanejudy said . We would not be able to get or use the discount on our own. But we are travelling with a military family who is handling the reservations and tickets. And we are extremely grateful, because it's a really good discount.

What lanejudy said . We would not be able to get or use the discount on our own. But we are travelling with a military family who is handling the reservations and tickets. And we are extremely grateful, because it's a really good discount.
We used these before getting our AP, we only needed to show MIL ID at GS to activate. We never accompanied them into the park after activation. Then, we switched to just getting them from SOG and they came already activated. We now just buy 5 to give away to Friends or Family that happen to be with us. They won’t let us buy the 6th because neither one of us are using it. Have a wonderful time on your trip!

Military can buy tickets for family and friends. If it's the Salute ticket, there is a limit with one supposed to be for the military member. I don't think there is any limit on the not-as-deeply-discounted Military MWY tickets.
Disney sets a limit of 6 tickets each year the Salute offer is renewed. One of the people using the tickets must be the military member or their spouse.

Correct, in our experience, and as far as I know, there are no limits on the Magic Your Way tickets.

Can someone tell me how that works? Military member (no spouse) has AP. Thought the salute ticket wouldn't work for us but if they don't verify then maybe we can?

Can someone tell me how that works? Military member (no spouse) has AP. Thought the salute ticket wouldn't work for us but if they don't verify then maybe we can?
The military member is allowed a total of 6 tickets, one of which must be for the military member. So if the military member has an AP, they allow you to buy a max of 5 tickets for family/friends. The military member will still need to show proof, either when you buy or at the park.

The bolded is not enforced by either the military base ticket offices or Disney.
Disney actually does regulate the number of tickets. I had gone earlier In the year, and used 5 tickets. I went back in December with a different group of friends and used the 6th ticket in December. When I activated my ticket WDW Guest Services reminded me this was the last ticket I could use for the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter