Dance with Me Target sale!

Disneycrazymom

DIS Veteran
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc I had to be up early and went to 4 different stores but I have 19 ::yes:: 19 Princess costumes for DD's 5th Birthday Party! We are inviting 16 girls so that should be plenty. I am so excited with the 90% sale I got them all for $86.50 which is about $4.50 per girl. It would cost more than that for treat bag stuff. Now they can select a costume to wear and take home and each will get a flower as a Thank-you for coming.

Does anyone have directions for a craft project crown?

Life is good today!!!princess: princess: princess: princess: princess: princess: princess: princess: princess: princess:

I saw your post yesterday and I was wondering how you did today. GOOD GOING!!

Tricia

that's such a great idea!!! i've got to remember that for my daughter's birthday. . . then again we have to make her first. ;)
again, fabo idea and even better value!

What a really neat idea!!!

For the crowns how about getting the ones from Burger King and spray painting them gold or silver to cover up the burger king stuff and then buy jewels and glitter for the girls to glue on.

That would be perfect!!!! For the crowns I mean. Iwanted a craft idea and they would like the jewels!

Thanks for the compliments:o that is so very sweet. Another idea I had but DD rejected was to get cheerleader costumes and let my neice teach them a cheer. Ofcourse the princess: party won. Now I just have to make it through the afternoon of the party!;) :eek: :D

I also got a Queen costume for myself and a searving girl one of my Dsis who has promised to help that day. They are "old-fashioned" looking and should fit in the theme well. I got them for $1.99 each. What a fun day! I hope Black Friday goes as well.:D

Congrats! That sounds like fun! I also wanted to say :wave2: ! I live very close to you!

Debbie:earsgirl:

Have the girls go on a treasure hunt in a box of sand looking for jewels. I used a plastic "treasure" box. They loved searching for jewels. Then they glued them on and decorated their crowns.

Another idea for hats/crowns. My sister did this last year for my nieces birthday. I hope I can explain this right. She bought just regular ole princess birthday party hats or plain birthday hats will work. She attached a long piece of silky piece tulle type material on the tip of the hat. princess: (makes the long hangy thing) She then glued a piece of lace all around the bottom of the hat. princess: I LOVED the way they look. For the boys at the party she got the crowns from Burger King. She put a thick piece of ribbon type material in the middle (it cover up burger king) all the way around the crown. I hope this makes sense.

Oriental Trading Company has Princess stuff and at a very cheap price too....We had a princess activity for our church and needed to purchase about 80 crowns....they also have jewels for very inexpensive too.

We were going to do the Burger King crowns but it would have been so much work to do that for the amount of crowns

Good luck!!!!!!
Sounds like a Fabulous party!

Holycow

Congrats on getting the costumes. This girls are going to have the best time.

We made princess hats - cone shaped, last year. I purchased gold and silver metalic poster board. I cut the cone shape, and folded the hat together and glued them. I also add tulle at the top. I used a hole punch and elastic string(goes under chin) to make the hats stay on.

I purchased stickers and jewels and the girls decorated their hats.
Last year was a Belle, Beauty and the Beast party. I got 2 dozen roses, the most beautiful deep pink, at Walmart - very reasonable. The florist gave me those tubes to hold single stems in. I used the roses as the center piece and then each girl took a rose home as part of their favors.

When is the party? I cannot wait to hear all about it.

The BK crowns was an awesome thought..I might borrow that one for my Girlscouts! As an add on to that idea why not us long strands of curling ribbon, like gift wrapping kind.....and hole punch in back of crowns and tie long multi colors of ribbons from back of crown, tying it through the hole punched hole?

On a last note...what a cool mom you are to do such an awsome bday party!!!!!!! Can I be adopted for the day?

If you don't have time to make them the Dollar Store has silver tiara's. They come with purple, aqua or pink jewels and are made like a headband. They stay on well and the main stone lights up when pushed. They also have a set of matching jewelry (ring, necklace and earrings).

f6546d0c.jpg

I tried to zoom in on it so it's a little blurry but you can get an idea of what it looks like. Sounds like a wonderful party. Have fun!

Wow! You guys have the best ideas! I have several types of crown materials to try. I got some fun foam to try to make the princess: cone type. I also found some cardboard ones in the princess party section that the girls could add jewels to. (I love the treasure chest idea!) I like the doller store ones too. DD will be 5 on Nov 24 and I think we will have the party the weekend after as I'm afraid some of her little friends will be out of town for Thanksgiving. I will be sure to come back and tell you all how it goes.

Debbie, Want to drive through the tunnel and join us? It is a small world sometimes! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter