• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dairy free ice cream

LisaFB

DIS Veteran
We're taking our family of 5 to UO this summer instead of our usual WDW trip. Both our boys have multiple food allergies, and one is allergic to all forms of dairy. Do any of the ice cream places serve dairy free ice cream? Thanks!

I had a dole whip there this weekend. I dont believe it's dairy, but I don't know for sure. It was in IOA

The ice cream place Schwab’s Pharmacy or whatever it is called in Universal Studios near the Bourne stunt show had dole whips a few weeks ago. I heard Toothsome was supposed to but they were out if it.

As PPs stated, I also heard that dole whips are dairy free… at least the fruit flavors, but not the coconut flavor. I believe Toothsome is using oatmilk in some of their desserts. The only one on the app menu I found was a certain shake:

Right Side Up Shake(VG)- $16.00
Vegan pineapple upside down cake, brown sugar, caramel, pineapples, oatmilk whipped topping

We're taking our family of 5 to UO this summer instead of our usual WDW trip. Both our boys have multiple food allergies, and one is allergic to all forms of dairy. Do any of the ice cream places serve dairy free ice cream? Thanks!

Not ice cream, but the vegan apple fritter at Voodoo donuts is dairy and tree nut free (and probably more, but I only have those two allergies). Go to Voodoo Donuts if you do nothing else.

And yes, there is pineapple dole whip in both parks - the other is in Marvel land at the "Ice Cream" store...now, that said, when I went during the low staffing last late spring, the employee could not tell me if there was contamination between the dairy filled product and the pineapple dole whip at that site, so I rolled the dice and did order, but I had my kids get 4 pineapple dole whips before me, and I took the last (figuring all the contamination would be in their cups). That worked, but it was my least comfortable order of the week, and I probably wouldn't have made it except I was HOT, I had my allergy pills (and slight dairy cross-contamination issues can usually be managed by me with them - my tree nut allergy can't), and I had my kids willing to eat the same thing and not get ice cream (aka, they weren't making any possible contamination worse, but only better)...I did feel 100% fine after, so I suspect they do not cross the dairy and non-dairy in the machines...but it would have been nice for any kind of employee confirmation of anything allergy related...

My daughter is intolerant to dairy. We asked at Toothsomes and the employee had a really cool chart for allergies. The only thing it showed that was dairy free was the chocolate covered bacon....lol. We never did find dairy free ice cream at the parks.

Not ice cream, but there’s a lemonade slush stand at islands of adventure. They have lemonade/strawberry or a combo option. It was a large portion for $5. It’s located at the end of the entry port where the path splits to go to the lands. It’s a little more on the right towards Seussland.
And lots of stands with Icees throughout both parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter