Dad's backpack help needed

momtomatthew

Mouseketeer
We just returned from a week at WDW, and DHs backpack is officially dead. We're looking for some suggestions for a good backpack to take. He carries it every day, and it usually includes the video camera, bottles of water, a change of clothes for DS, sunglasses, sunscreen, and other small miscellaneous...

He's looking for something durable, comfortable, and big enough to hold what needs to be held (but not huge). Any suggestions???

TIA!

do you have any camping stores near you. like a bass pro shop or REI? i would go there and try them on and find one that works best. back packs are like shoes, no two people are going to have the same experience with them.

I highly recommend eBags (www.ebags.com). The site is a wonderful resource for all types of bags, big and small, And many of them are focused on organization -- loads of pockets! They have hundreds of brands, from the inexpensive eBag label to designer names, and they show detailed pictures of every bag, inside and out. Plus, with a quick search online of "ebags" and "coupon" brings up many coupons for discounts!

I just ordered my first bag for my upcoming WDW trip -- a not-too-small-but-not-too-big cross-the-body bag -- and it's fantastic! My bag is called Piazza (http://www.ebags.com/ebags/piazza_day_bag/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=94553) and it's made by eBags. For $35, it was the perfect purchase. I can hold everything I need for a day trip to the parks and still have space for extra goodies. The strap is wide enough to not dig into my shoulder and adjustable to allow the bag to be worn either on the shoulder or across the body.

Check out eBags -- it might help you in your search for a new Dad Bag!

Thanks! I'll tell him the website. The bag (and price) sounds just like what he is looking for.

Have a GREAT first visit! How exciting :woohoo:

Thanks! I'll tell him the website. The bag (and price) sounds just like what he is looking for.

Have a GREAT first visit! How exciting :woohoo:

You're very welcome. My husband -- a 6' 5" "guys guy" -- even commented that he'd carry the bag. It's black an definitely non-gender specific. It was important to us to have plenty of pockets, easy access to our tickets and touring plan notes, plus room for camera, water bottle, and more. This bag worked for us.

But if the Piazza bag isn't right for him, or he prefers a sling or standard backpack style, there are plenty of other bags to choose from on the site. In addition to the inside and outside photos, they also list dimensions, which can be helpful in imagining the size of your bag.

Enjoy!

When we went we used my son's LL Bean Jr backpack. Believe it or not it was the perfect size. Hubby carried it no problem (straps all the way out) My son just started 2nd grade and this is his 3rd yr to carry it. I offered to get him a new backpack and he didn't want one. We really have gotten our money's worth out of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter