D23 Zootopia Expansion?

Dis Dragon

Rawwwwr
Bob Iger is hinting at a big announcement, just wanted to think what people here thought about them bringing the Zootopia plan for Shanghai to AK. I've felt that it needs a little more to it and that would fit in great with the animal theming.

Im not sure, Zootopia isn't quite a fit in AK, Shanghai chose it over Pandora to save money. I could see a Zootopia ride fitting in better in MK, maybe tomorrowland in the former Stitch space. I think more Epcot News will come out, maybe Coco or a UK attraction. Announcing Spaceship Earth Refurb. Maybe a new phase in DHS where launch Bay is currently. A land in AK is certainly possible but I think they would expand pre-existing lands first maybe a 3rd Pandora attraction or a new transportation option between AK and AKL.

I'm piggy backing off someone elses theories here but every other D23 they announce a big addition, 2011 they announced Pandora, 2015 SWGE. They also had those projects wrap up right before D23, and we know everything that's going on with what they're doing at Epcot and the changes that are ongoing. D23 is time for dropping items that aren't already out there.

Also I wouldn't want AK to change the way it is right now, but if the area behind Maharaja is developed into something else, it doens't affect the rest of the park.

Bob Iger is hinting at a big announcement, just wanted to think what people here thought about them bringing the Zootopia plan for Shanghai to AK. I've felt that it needs a little more to it and that would fit in great with the animal theming.
Where did Iger hint at this?

Also don’t agree with Zootopia in AK. Doesn’t fit. Rumors say Zootopia isn’t coming to WDW anytime soon anyways.

Im not sure, Zootopia isn't quite a fit in AK, Shanghai chose it over Pandora to save money. I could see a Zootopia ride fitting in better in MK, maybe tomorrowland in the former Stitch space. I think more Epcot News will come out, maybe Coco or a UK attraction. Announcing Spaceship Earth Refurb. Maybe a new phase in DHS where launch Bay is currently. A land in AK is certainly possible but I think they would expand pre-existing lands first maybe a 3rd Pandora attraction or a new transportation option between AK and AKL.
I agree they need to add another land where Launch Bay is, but they've put so much work into HS I would think they would move the love somewhere else to spread out crowds. I hope they do a transportation option between AK and AKL, that would be amazing, but that's not headliner news - a lot of people just think AKL is too remote and avoid it anyway. (we love it)

MK already has so much going on, and now it's getting Tron. Just thinking from a love level, AK hasn't received any attention since Pandora and the rest of the parks have ongoing projects.

It looks like there might have been a little bit of telephone going on here, since what I read, brought it up from another source, that got it from another source. And Iger was more speaking in generalizations of the "special year" that this year is and it's continuation into the future.

Whether we think it is a fit or not isn't important, the question is whether Disney thinks it "fits". With the current management I don't think they would have any problem putting Zootopia in AK, not that I think it will actually happen.

Would rather get an update for what's next in Hollywood Studios (I recall Galaxys Edge supposedly being phase 2 of a 4-phase plan to overhaul the entire park) or exact details of EPCOT.

As long as we get word on some Tomorrowland updates and maybe one new thing for MK, I'm happy with where that park is as well. If anything, I'd like to see a Pandora expansion.

I was curious, what do you feel would take the major expansion slot in AK if not Zootopia? The company is pushing IP hard and I would imagine they would never put in a ride from an original idea today.

I was curious, what do you feel would take the major expansion slot in AK if not Zootopia? The company is pushing IP hard and I would imagine they would never put in a ride from an original idea today.
Animal Kingdom is a park thankfully that isn’t IP heavy and actually uses IP really well when it’s added. There are no recent films IMO that scream AK themed area though.

My hunch with the acquisition of National Geographic from Fox, AK will be the first park that sees that IP. I have no idea how it might get used, but it seems like a good fit.

Back in February I heard a rumor of a new addition coming to AK. Zootopia was not mentioned, a new continent was being discussed. Possible announcement at D23. Then a month later another rumor was circulating about a lion king family ride. Been kinda quiet ever since. I have a feeling that this D23 will be primarily about Epcot, and I dont think we'll hear of any major expansions until next D23 in 2 years. By then Universal will have announced their new park and Disney will have to up their game again.

Back in February I heard a rumor of a new addition coming to AK. Zootopia was not mentioned, a new continent was being discussed. Possible announcement at D23. Then a month later another rumor was circulating about a lion king family ride. Been kinda quiet ever since. I have a feeling that this D23 will be primarily about Epcot, and I dont think we'll hear of any major expansions until next D23 in 2 years. By then Universal will have announced their new park and Disney will have to up their game again.
The space for that lion king ride became the Club 33 at AK.

But anthropomorphized big blue aliens do. I’m pretty sure the entirety of Its Tough to be a Bug is based in anthropomorphized bugs also.

Come on..
The aliens from Avatar are humanoid, not anthropomorphized. It's Tough to be a Bug is about bugs doing what bugs do. Zootopia is essentially humans in fur suits, in a big city. There is almost zero relation to the natural versions of the animals represented, mostly just playing to or against humans' stereotypes of them.

Come on yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter