D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't this kind of depend on whether the staff will let people leave lines and save spaces for other people? As in, leave a friend in the line for Live Action and go get an Avengers pass then come back?
It also says pretty clearly in the Things to Know regarding the overnight queue: "No re-entry allowed, and all members of your party must be present (no holding space in line for others to join later)."

He's only stated as appearing Friday and Saturday. Though I wouldn't mind James Gunn at all.
Could be they've changed it then. My daughter is an exhibitor at that SuperCon and he's mentioned as being there all three days in the material they sent to vendors. That stuff changes all the time Karen Gillian just got scratched from that Con because she's tied up on Jumanji ... not literally.

Would it be possible to attend the Live Action Panel and the Avengers talent signing? I was planning on staying overnight for Live Action mainly for the hopes of seeing some of the Avengers cast members but would like to go to both.

Highly highly unlikely you will be able to do both. Wristband distribution begins at 9am which is the same time the floor is meant to open so there is no real timetable as to how long it will take you to grab a wristband and get back into the waiting area, if they haven't already been taking people into the hall by the time you return.

That hasn't been allowed in the past. You had to exit the line queue and the reenter from the main entrance so at 9am that means you will be behind everyone else lined up. Also to me that seems like something they shouldn't allow because if you are in line you shouldn't be leaving the line room as long as there is a bathroom doen there (which I remember there being one).

The official things to know policy is no line holding and no leaving the line queue room then coming back. Really depends on if they enforce it or not.
In 2015 you were definitely allowed to leave the Hall E queue and then return. They checked wrist bands before letting you back in of course.

I did see the note on 2017 not allowing you to leave Hall E without losing your place and am hoping they do not mean this literally. Guess we will find out!

:wizard:

I would think they're only wording that way to avoid having people save places for others who will show up hours later. I doubt they would absolutely not let us leave the hall under any means.

In 2015 you were definitely allowed to leave the Hall E queue and then return. They checked wrist bands before letting you back in of course.

I did see the note on 2017 not allowing you to leave Hall E without losing your place and am hoping they do not mean this literally. Guess we will find out!

The one time I lined up in the over night queue once you were in that was it. The other time when i went to do Parks and Resort the rule was if you left you went to the back of the line didn't matter if you had a wrist band or not. So I guess it does depend on the person manning the line.

I left Parks line (my friend was still in place) and ran for bathroom and food, and was allowed to return last time. Now, we were towards the back of the line anyway, having joined it after Live Action panel. Leaving the lines to get a later Stage Pass, is problematic because the Stage pass line could be over an hour. I would like to do that myself, though.

Silly question, but with all this talk of not being able to leave the hall, are there bathrooms in the hall? Otherwise I could see that being a real mess.

There are bathrooms in the Hall E waiting area, bathrooms near all the rooms and room queues as well as bathrooms in Hall D23 and the Expo Arena. There is also a limited snack bar in Hall E, but the choices were slim and lines long.

@wilkeliza Check your email, we finally got the Sorcerer presentation email.

Last edited:
I really hate the idea of the entire party having to wait the entire time. That stops our ability as a couple to hold a spot while also run for stage pass or other things. Cuts wayyyyyy down on our ability to do more with our time at the Expo. Grr.

So I have a gold d23 membership and I really want to attend the Animation panel on Friday and the Parks and Resorts Panel on Saturday. I was thinking I would line up 2 hours and 45 minutes before the animation panel, would that be ok? And Last year what was the minimum you needed to wait to get a seat at these large panels?

I really hate the idea of the entire party having to wait the entire time. That stops our ability as a couple to hold a spot while also run for stage pass or other things. Cuts wayyyyyy down on our ability to do more with our time at the Expo. Grr.

That is kind of the point. If you are in line you really aren't suppose to be off doing something else since you should be in line.

There are bathrooms in the Hall E waiting area, bathrooms near all the rooms and room queues as well as bathrooms in Hall D23 and the Expo Arena. There is also a limited snack bar in Hall E, but the choices were slim and lines long.

@wilkeliza Check your email, we finally got the Sorcerer presentation email.

Thanks picking panels now!

So I have a gold d23 membership and I really want to attend the Animation panel on Friday and the Parks and Resorts Panel on Saturday. I was thinking I would line up 2 hours and 45 minutes before the animation panel, would that be ok? And Last year what was the minimum you needed to wait to get a seat at these large panels?

I think you will be cutting it close with that time and would recommend perhaps aiming a little earlier for peace of mind. I didn't attend the Animation panel last year so i'm not sure what sort of demand that panel brings. Maybe someone else can provide some insight?

I saw that a few days ago. Bummed about Ming-Na but excited for Paige O'Hara!

Oh man! I was excited to see her! She's not just a princess, she's Melinda May, Agent of SHIELD!

That hasn't been allowed in the past. You had to exit the line queue and the reenter from the main entrance so at 9am that means you will be behind everyone else lined up. Also to me that seems like something they shouldn't allow because if you are in line you shouldn't be leaving the line room as long as there is a bathroom doen there (which I remember there being one).

The official things to know policy is no line holding and no leaving the line queue room then coming back. Really depends on if they enforce it or not.

It really wouldn't be fair of them to let people do that, honestly.

Hey everyone, my girlfriend and I are planning to go on Saturday in hopes of catching the Live Action panel at 10:30 AM. This is our first D23 so we are super excited! However, with no special D23 membership (Gold, Sorcerer, etc), do you think we will still be able to get into the panel even if we lined up over night? How early do you guys think we should start lining up the night before?

We were also hoping to get the wrist band to attend the Avengers Talent signing, but it seems like the chance of getting one without a special membership is slim? I am not exactly sure how the lineups work.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

The one time I lined up in the over night queue once you were in that was it. The other time when i went to do Parks and Resort the rule was if you left you went to the back of the line didn't matter if you had a wrist band or not. So I guess it does depend on the person manning the line.
I am wondering how much this policy relates to the overnight queue vs the day queue?

I have never done at overnight queue. Four of us lined up for the Animation session and had decent spots near the front at 11-11:30AM in Hall E on Friday. We got our wrist bands and all. No one ever said there was an issue leaving Hall E. When we asked, we were only told that if the queue started to move into the seating area and you were not back, you would lose your place. So do not cut it close on returning.

My then DS23 and DS19 left to go into the main Expo floor to see the new Star Wars Battlefront video games. They were gone for maybe an hour. Then later one of our group went off to grab some lunch for everyone and bring to back to the group as the options were limited inside Hall E. From what we saw at the 2015 Expo it was no big deal to do this as long as you came back with plenty of time.

I did not stay overnight like you did, but do seem to remember that they had a different policy for the overnighters to avoid having one person hold a spot for the others in the group who went back to their hotels to sleep. If you went in overnight you could not leave. But once the main convention opened in the morning they had a different policy. At least that is what I remember.

A
I am wondering how much this policy relates to the overnight queue vs the day queue?

I have never done at overnight queue. Four of us lined up for the Animation session and had decent spots near the front at 11-11:30AM in Hall E on Friday. We got our wrist bands and all. No one ever said there was an issue leaving Hall E. When we asked, we were only told that if the queue started to move into the seating area and you were not back, you would lose your place. So do not cut it close on returning.

My then DS23 and DS19 left to go into the main Expo floor to see the new Star Wars Battlefront video games. They were gone for maybe an hour. Then later one of our group went off to grab some lunch for everyone and bring to back to the group as the options were limited inside Hall E. From what we saw at the 2015 Expo it was no big deal to do this as long as you came back with plenty of time.

I did not stay overnight like you did, but do seem to remember that they had a different policy for the overnighters to avoid having one person hold a spot for the others in the group who went back to their hotels to sleep. If you went in overnight you could not leave. But once the main convention opened in the morning they had a different policy. At least that is what I remember.

thats what I remember too. Once the show floor had opened you could come and go as you pleased as long as someone was waiting in line.
Live action starts so early that it doesn't really matter you wouldn't have time to go out on the show floor really, but animation on Friday is different since it's mid-day.

I just think either way since they actually over lap I would not plan on getting a wrist band for signings if your plan is to overnight or be in line for something else especially since the faq says no leaving or holding spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter