D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I went to the Expo in 2013 gold members could preview the floor on Thursday, is that a privilege reserved only for Sorcerer ticket holders this year?

Cancelled our room at the Hilton (one of these Expos, we'll finally get to stay at the Hilton!). Just couldn't justify their doubling our rate on the Friday and Saturday. Found another hotel that will keep our rate the same for all our nights. Sanity restored for now...

Hello all,

Just inquiring how StagePass works. Can I line up on Friday to get a Saturday panel/show pass or are they only offered on the day of in relation to the available hours.

Hello all,

Just inquiring how StagePass works. Can I line up on Friday to get a Saturday panel/show pass or are they only offered on the day of in relation to the available hours.

Only offered that day and in relation to available hours. So for morning passes they start at 9am for 11am panels and then a couple hours later they start for afternoon panels.

Last edited:
If you were planning on going to all 3 days of the D23 Expo and you have not bought your tickets yet, 3 day tickets for the D23 Expo are now sold out!!! You can only get tickets for Friday and Sunday now.

Cancelled our room at the Hilton (one of these Expos, we'll finally get to stay at the Hilton!). Just couldn't justify their doubling our rate on the Friday and Saturday. Found another hotel that will keep our rate the same for all our nights. Sanity restored for now...
I get it. We're at the Hilton but I burned 3 years worth of Hilton Honors rewards to get a decent rate for the weekend. We decided to stay over Sunday night and fly out on Monday to avoid a redeye back to NC and my rate for Sunday is sooooo much lower than the rest of the stay. Ugh.

I get it. We're at the Hilton but I burned 3 years worth of Hilton Honors rewards to get a decent rate for the weekend. We decided to stay over Sunday night and fly out on Monday to avoid a redeye back to NC and my rate for Sunday is sooooo much lower than the rest of the stay. Ugh.

We were there and caught a great rate before they adjusted for the convention (we booked hotel as soon as dates were known). Once we got tickets and solidified plans we called to drop 1 day. To drop the day they said we had to take the readjustment which put the prices at the same or more then Disneyland hotel. We decided we'd rather spend the money at Disneyland Hotel finally then deal with Hilton since they would only put a note on our account that we would be checking in online but not physically present until the next day. Paying for the extra night was going to be cheaper then dropping it which fine I get a lot of hotels are doing this now that any changes make you agree to the adjusted price but it is frustrating.

Hello all,

There is a stage pass section of the website that explains the process. It would be helpful to read it and understand the nuances.

We were there and caught a great rate before they adjusted for the convention (we booked hotel as soon as dates were known). Once we got tickets and solidified plans we called to drop 1 day. To drop the day they said we had to take the readjustment which put the prices at the same or more then Disneyland hotel. We decided we'd rather spend the money at Disneyland Hotel finally then deal with Hilton since they would only put a note on our account that we would be checking in online but not physically present until the next day. Paying for the extra night was going to be cheaper then dropping it which fine I get a lot of hotels are doing this now that any changes make you agree to the adjusted price but it is frustrating.

This is what happened to us. We tried to drop the last night and they wouldn't let us without bumping up the rate. So we found a different hotel for $100 cheaper anyway.

Read on Twitter that 3-day passes for the last expo also sold out about a week before the expo, is that correct?

Read on Twitter that 3-day passes for the last expo also sold out about a week before the expo, is that correct?

From what I'm seeing, that is about right - they sold out right before, August 9th or 10th...so a few days before. This is slightly earlier, but not horribly so. Just expect a lot of people, even with a lot of panels that overlap in some way. It will be crowded, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter