• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be going to the D23 Expo for the first time this year. I have tickets to all 3 days, and I don't really know what to expect. The only event I am wanting to get into is the Parks and Resorts. What time would you plan on arriving on the day of that panel in order to make sure I get in? I had a friend tell me that they got to the Expo at 4 a.m. the day of that panel to stand in line. Is that great advice? Any help is appreciated.

I will be going to the D23 Expo for the first time this year. I have tickets to all 3 days, and I don't really know what to expect. The only event I am wanting to get into is the Parks and Resorts. What time would you plan on arriving on the day of that panel in order to make sure I get in? I had a friend tell me that they got to the Expo at 4 a.m. the day of that panel to stand in line. Is that great advice? Any help is appreciated.

Our first time too :) getting seriously excited but also anxious for the schedule to be released! I'll be watching for any advice you get haha

It depends on which day and what time the panel is. It's impossible to say without a schedule. If it's the first panel in the morning, 4am is probably necessary. If it's in the afternoon, I'm not sure what time they let people start lining up for the afternoon ones in the past, but I think later. Once the schedules come out we'll know more, but that won't be for a while.

Last year I got into parks and resorts by linning up about halfway through the previous panel (live action) which I missed. I got into parks and resorts no problem but did have to stand in the heat.

A lot of the advice will depend on how D23/Disney and the Anaheim Convention Center will do things, re: lines and how the schedule shapes up.

Still way too early for specifics, sadly. :rotfl:

Just speculation but I'm really hoping since there is little in the way of gaming updates from Disney these days that we get a solid Kingdom Hearts update. I queued up for that panel at like 6 am just for that news last time and we only got to see a new world. I need concreate info Square Enix! I keep saying it is either going to be E3 or D23 that we finally get it.

How good is the discounted Disneyland tickets for those going to the Expo usually? Are they only good the 3 days the Expo is going on, because I'll be arriving two days earlier. It says that information on tickets will be released at a later time.

I only have the free D23 membership. Are there benefits at the Expo if I was to decide to upgrade to the Gold membership?

I only have the free D23 membership. Are there benefits at the Expo if I was to decide to upgrade to the Gold membership?

Not really the only benefit was at purchase time. If you already purchased your expo tickets then they will be free member tickets if you buy while you have gold you get gold member tickets. If it is the same as prior years paid membership tickets get in an hour before GA. It goes Sorcerers, Gold tickets, then GA. I'm not sure if it made a difference for over night panel line ups.

In years past, there is a separate line for gold members. They also let gold and sorcerer members in an hour early (theoretically). No idea if they will do that this year.

If I'm remembering correctly, there were separate Gold/Silver lines in the overnight area for the stores/events/floor (I waited for The Muppets in the Gold/Silver line, I think)...the Hall line was everyone and there were also general lines downstairs for the floor...

There were also lines upstairs that were separated by Gold/Silver and General.

The perk of getting in earlier is about the only perk at the Expo, really, but depends on the efficiency of the staff getting everyone inside.

If I bought my tickets as a free member and then have a gold membership when the Expo starts would I then be able to use the gold lines if there are any?

If I bought my tickets as a free member and then have a gold membership when the Expo starts would I then be able to use the gold lines if there are any?

I don't think so but no one knows for sure. In 2015 the tickets were printed with the membership level at time of purchase and my member card was neevr checked just checked that the ticket said gold member on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter