D23 Expo - impact on resort accommodation?

Czardas

Mouseketeer
I’m traveling from Oz next year and will visit in April and back again in September 8-11.
I’ve just noticed that D23 Expo will be on whilst we are there. How badly does this impact availability for Accomodation?
We will be looking at renting DVC points at GCH. Not sure if this will mean, we will find it hard to rent points or not.

I’m traveling from Oz next year and will visit in April and back again in September 8-11.
I’ve just noticed that D23 Expo will be on whilst we are there. How badly does this impact availability for Accomodation?
We will be looking at renting DVC points at GCH. Not sure if this will mean, we will find it hard to rent points or not.

I personally would reschedule the Sept dates, especially since how far you are traveling from and the expense related to that alone. I'm a local and stay away when D23 is going on...everything is PACKED...people from all over come out of the woodwork and the Disney influencer/Social Media crowd is on steroids. And, to @GeneralTso point DLR hotel prices are more outrageous than the usual outrageous...they also book up super quick.

I personally would reschedule the Sept dates, especially since how far you are traveling from and the expense related to that alone. I'm a local and stay away when D23 is going on...everything is PACKED...people from all over come out of the woodwork and the Disney influencer/Social Media crowd is on steroids. And, to @GeneralTso point DLR hotel prices are more outrageous than the usual outrageous...they also book up super quick.

Sadly we can’t reschedule, due to joining an Alaskan cruise, unless of course we pop Disneyland at the end of the cruise, instead of before it. Good point

...September 8-11...
Studios are fully booked on all those days. 1-bedroom is fully booked September 9. 2-bedrooms are available.

Marriott properties around the Convention Center are charging $1000/night. This is a good time to use hotel points to book a room :idea:
D23 does offer some hotel discounts, that you might want to explore.

You will likely not be able to find someone with VGC points unless you're willing to pay $20-25/point. WDW DVC points are only available to be used at 7 months out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter