D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are the stage passes? Is that just like a fastpass? Do they only give one to every person there or can you ask for more? When do they hand these out?

So what are the stage passes? Is that just like a fastpass? Do they only give one to every person there or can you ask for more? When do they hand these out?

Again this is just how it was last year, but it was a fastpass for the smaller panels. It is one per person and you can only get one per morning/afternoon. So you can get one for a morning panel and one for an afternoon panel, but they gave out morning and afternoon panels at different times so you had to not be busy both of those times to get a stage pass for both. All the people didn't have to wait in line for the stage pass, but you did have to have all the credentials so they could scan it. I waited in the line for the OUAT panel last year for my friend and I, but I had to have her credential so she couldn't go do anything that needed it.

I think I'm remembering right, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Again this is just how it was last year, but it was a fastpass for the smaller panels. It is one per person and you can only get one per morning/afternoon. So you can get one for a morning panel and one for an afternoon panel, but they gave out morning and afternoon panels at different times so you had to not be busy both of those times to get a stage pass for both. All the people didn't have to wait in line for the stage pass, but you did have to have all the credentials so they could scan it. I waited in the line for the OUAT panel last year for my friend and I, but I had to have her credential so she couldn't go do anything that needed it.

Yep that's right. Only 1 had to stay in line but you needed everyone's credentials to get multiple passes. Woth out creditials you could only walk the show floor not enter any shoping lines or panels. Same procedure for the shop pass as well.

hey is there a form where D23 people can talk and see if they want to meet up? this well be my wife and I 1st time doing D23 and want to see if we can hang or meet up... i plan to take lots of 360 videos at this event.

hey is there a form where D23 people can talk and see if they want to meet up? this well be my wife and I 1st time doing D23 and want to see if we can hang or meet up... i plan to take lots of 360 videos at this event.

You found it! This is pretty much what this one has become. So far no unofficial disBoards meet ups but I'm sure someone will set some up before the event.

What do you use for your 360 videos?

You found it! This is pretty much what this one has become. So far no unofficial disBoards meet ups but I'm sure someone will set some up before the event.

What do you use for your 360 videos?

i use the 360fly 4K, it has great view as well as doing 4K.

One more question about the stage passes...is it announced anywhere ahead of time what time these will be handed out and where? Assuming they're used again.

I got into a couple of panels on standby. Once Upon a Time, and Merrie Melodies (which was amazing! they played really old cartoons while a live orchestra played the original soundtrack music, perfectly in sync. It was actually so much more amazing than I expected). Anther year, got into Monsters University (before Stage pass but it was an "overflow"line). I have also failed to get into a few.

One problem with the standby lines, they tend to load the rooms too slowly, because the panel before may run overtime. So, they may stop letting standby inside, even if there are seats left available. I saw this both times I did standby in 2015. I made it into OUAT barely, they literally had us RUNNING to get inside before the doors closed. Luckily I was alone at that point (my friends do not watch it), so I could jump into any random seat.

I struggle with the large Studios and Parks presentations, VS. the small intimate interesting small ones. It is so hard to choose. One or Two years I skipped Studios (before it was split into Animation and Live Action), and missed Johnny Depp and Robert Downey Jr, etc. But wow, I got to see some great smaller ones, Pixar and ride development ones. So cool to hear stories of how they work on various ideas and approaches to rides, movies, and shows. I have never seen Legends, because I am doing other things.

I can't wait until July!

I struggle with choose presentations too. I haven't been to a studios presentation since 2013, but I too missed Johnny Depp and I'm still kicking myself!

That's right, if I'm remembering correctly.

Yes, they announce the system and how it works ahead of time.

They also have a big screen you can see when you're in line for it that shows what is full and what is still available. That way you can decide whether you want to wait or not.

This will be my first D23 Expo. I know it will be crowded and hectic, but will be a lot of fun. I'm also looking forward to meeting folks from podcasts, especially the DIS Disneyland Mixlr bunch.

But what I'm really hoping for is that with Mary Poppins Returns being released later this year, that Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke will make appearances at some point. Rumor is they both have cameos in the new film.

It will be my husband and my first time as well :) you're in good company! Let me know if you interested in meeting up!

My Dad and I will be traveling, but ti will just be me going into the Expo. I would love to get a Disboards meet together. Maybe sometime after the Expo one day at Downtown Disney? We can also set a time to get to the Expo each morning, and we can have a Disboards meet in the line! I plan on getting there early probably everyday.

I also have a question...I know some things have been announced like the Legends ceremony and the Alan Menken Concert. Historically, when is the full schedule announced? I'm so excited for this, and I know I'm going to have to wait in line after line after line.

My Dad and I will be traveling, but ti will just be me going into the Expo. I would love to get a Disboards meet together. Maybe sometime after the Expo one day at Downtown Disney? We can also set a time to get to the Expo each morning, and we can have a Disboards meet in the line! I plan on getting there early probably everyday.

I also have a question...I know some things have been announced like the Legends ceremony and the Alan Menken Concert. Historically, when is the full schedule announced? I'm so excited for this, and I know I'm going to have to wait in line after line after line.

Pretty sure I've heard that in the past the schedule was released about 2 weeks before the expo.

@AMusicLifeForMe Welcome to the Club! :rotfl: My Excel spreadsheet is looking way too wide-open for my liking.

Spent the morning at the Disneyland Resort: the posters and banners are up (had seen them on social media), they are growing on me. I always warm to the previous versions and expect to see them again, then get disappointed. I loved the sketchy retro vibe from 2015.

Last edited:
Hi all! Checking in as a fellow D23 Expo-er!

This will be our (hubby and myself) first expo - along with my first SoCal trip! We're staying a little over a week so we can hit Disneyland and Universal, as well a few other spots.

I'm reallllly hoping for a Lilo and Stitch 15th Anniversary panel - second only to seeing Lin Manual Miranda or the Rock in one panel or another. They might be pipe dreams, but I'm dreaming big!

Did you all see the Alan Menken concert that was announced a few days ago?

Hi all! Checking in as a fellow D23 Expo-er!

This will be our (hubby and myself) first expo - along with my first SoCal trip! We're staying a little over a week so we can hit Disneyland and Universal, as well a few other spots.

I'm reallllly hoping for a Lilo and Stitch 15th Anniversary panel - second only to seeing Lin Manual Miranda or the Rock in one panel or another. They might be pipe dreams, but I'm dreaming big!

Did you all see the Alan Menken concert that was announced a few days ago?

I think we may get the Rock for live action but Lin will depend on filming. I believe he is still in London for Mary Poppins 2 and has not made many state side trips except for awards shows. If they are done with filming then I would believe we could see him at live action as well.

I'm excited for the Alan menken concert. That is one of our must dos so far.

So basically, if a panel has a stage pass and I don't get one, don't bother?

And I have one more probably dumb question I forgot to ask. One of my sisters is bringing her year old infant (which is why she's only going for a day). I assume infants can be brought in for free? I figure the expo has a similar policy as the parks - free admission for children under three. I feel silly asking, but I haven't been able to find an official answer.

Please remember that the large panels in Hall D23 will not have StagePasses... Those are only available to those willing to buy Sorcerers Tickets or those willing to wait in line.

StagePasse will be available for the more intimate panels and discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter