D2 Cheer Summit. Anyone been?

Just a FYI we went to Summit last year and had a blast! We couldn’t book our fast passes till we got there but we got everything we wanted, including FOP! Refresh was our best friend!

Just a FYI we went to Summit last year and had a blast! We couldn’t book our fast passes till we got there but we got everything we wanted, including FOP! Refresh was our best friend!

That's good to know! It feels really weird to not be able to plan a single thing until we arrive, not even ADRs b/c we have no information yet. We are all registered through Varsity, but won't have confirmation on which hotel or anything for a while. Our coach also told us that until we know what time Thursday we are practicing, not to make any plans to go to parks, etc. So I have to sit back and wait. Part of it feels liberating and part of it causes me anxiety, LOL.

That's good to know! It feels really weird to not be able to plan a single thing until we arrive, not even ADRs b/c we have no information yet. We are all registered through Varsity, but won't have confirmation on which hotel or anything for a while. Our coach also told us that until we know what time Thursday we are practicing, not to make any plans to go to parks, etc. So I have to sit back and wait. Part of it feels liberating and part of it causes me anxiety, LOL.

You don't need a resort reservation to make ADRs. Anyone can make them up to 180 days out with or without a resort reservation.

ETA
Unless you meant you can't make ADRs because you don't know the schedule, etc.

You don't need a resort reservation to make ADRs. Anyone can make them up to 180 days out with or without a resort reservation.

ETA
Unless you meant you can't make ADRs because you don't know the schedule, etc.

Yes, that's why. I suppose I could make them anyway and cancel or adjust as needed, but the other issue is that we have no idea yet if we will be at CS or CBR, nor who wants to go where, so hard to plan right now. I guess I'll just sit back and be patient.

I have a ticket question, hoping you will know my answer. We have two girls in three competitions (total, not each-thank goodness!) Dance Worlds, Dance Summit, and Cheer Summit. That will be 3 sets of park hoppers. IF we do not use any of those tickets to start the 14 day expiration from first use, will they be valid next year to use for a family vacation?

I have a ticket question, hoping you will know my answer. We have two girls in three competitions (total, not each-thank goodness!) Dance Worlds, Dance Summit, and Cheer Summit. That will be 3 sets of park hoppers. IF we do not use any of those tickets to start the 14 day expiration from first use, will they be valid next year to use for a family vacation?

Oh my gosh- wow! So you will be there for two weeks for the three comps? You are staying on property the entire time? Wish I knew the answer to your question, but still needed to comment, LOL.

My oldest will be there with me the whole time and youngest will come down with DH for Summit. We are staying with multiple families at a house off property to help with the cost. It's going to be crazy, needless to say I was NOT prepared for this when this season started:flower1:

I responded on your other thread as well.

We are D1 but I assume D2 is the same. Sunday's party starts at 10pm and lasts until 2am. We go Tuesday-Tuesday but others in our gym are Wednesday-Monday. Just a preference/$$$ thing. Only problem I have with it is that we dont get our tickets until we get there so no fastpasses until that day. You can make ADR's but that's it. You can PM me for more info if you want. We went last year and are going back this year.
My great niece is D1 also. She has gone the past several years

Can anyone who has been describe the arrival at DME and then checking in at hotel? I was assuming we just get on the DME and head to hotel and check in there, but wondering if there is something different happening since we booked through Varsity.

Can anyone who has been describe the arrival at DME and then checking in at hotel? I was assuming we just get on the DME and head to hotel and check in there, but wondering if there is something different happening since we booked through Varsity.

Our gym owner sends us a sheet to fax to DME since we don't have our reservation booked in our name. We fax that sheet to DME and they send back the letter that is required. Then you check in at the hotel like normal and say you are with varsity, then they give you your magic bands. Last year, everyone got the same red bands. We had an additional room prior to that so we already had our pretty color bands lol.

Our gym owner sends us a sheet to fax to DME since we don't have our reservation booked in our name. We fax that sheet to DME and they send back the letter that is required. Then you check in at the hotel like normal and say you are with varsity, then they give you your magic bands. Last year, everyone got the same red bands. We had an additional room prior to that so we already had our pretty color bands lol.

Were you able to use your MBs for everything like normal? Someone told me that they were not able to link the reservations, park tickets, or really anything to the MBs that Varsity gives you and that they really are only for accessing the room and charging things. I am really hoping this is wrong.

According to the Varsity summit page, all tickets are valid May 1-15. Not sure about the dates for Dance Worlds but there is an expiration. https://www.varsity.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/VAS_Summit_TravelPackage_19.pdf

Were you able to use your MBs for everything like normal? Someone told me that they were not able to link the reservations, park tickets, or really anything to the MBs that Varsity gives you and that they really are only for accessing the room and charging things. I am really hoping this is wrong.
Yes, we used everything like normal. You just have to link them on your app and then you can start using them. We chose to use our other fancy color ones though. It's a bit different because you get a ticket card (like a hotel room key size) and the magic bands. Some people choose to just use their ticket cards but we like the MB's. I will say that you should keep the cards on you at all times just in case. And you will need both cards and MB's to enter Summit. Make sure the cards match the MB that you connect them too as well (i.e. card 1 matches daughter, card 2 matches son). Last year, I just willy nilly linked the cards and MB's and we had no idea which ones matched. This year, I will make sure I keep track.

Yes, we used everything like normal. You just have to link them on your app and then you can start using them. We chose to use our other fancy color ones though. It's a bit different because you get a ticket card (like a hotel room key size) and the magic bands. Some people choose to just use their ticket cards but we like the MB's. I will say that you should keep the cards on you at all times just in case. And you will need both cards and MB's to enter Summit. Make sure the cards match the MB that you connect them too as well (i.e. card 1 matches daughter, card 2 matches son). Last year, I just willy nilly linked the cards and MB's and we had no idea which ones matched. This year, I will make sure I keep track.

OK so I can link through MDE on my phone with a band I already have if I want? I have my pretty purple one from my November trip, LOL and DD has a pink one. We are bringing those to use if we can link them as you described. I will keep tix too like you said :)

I am so happy for this thread! Our first time at both D2 Summit and WDW. Trying to familiarize myself with the vast differences from DLR as much as possible before we go so we can maximize our little bit of time there :)

I am so happy for this thread! Our first time at both D2 Summit and WDW. Trying to familiarize myself with the vast differences from DLR as much as possible before we go so we can maximize our little bit of time there :)
Congrats on making Summit. It's a huge accomplishment for the teams. Yes, the planning is very different vs DLR but it's still an amazing trip. Any questions you have, feel free to PM me or ask here. This is our second year at Summit (3rd time at WDW) and we are DLR AP's so I've tried to do what we can to enjoy our time there.

Congrats on making Summit. It's a huge accomplishment for the teams. Yes, the planning is very different vs DLR but it's still an amazing trip. Any questions you have, feel free to PM me or ask here. This is our second year at Summit (3rd time at WDW) and we are DLR AP's so I've tried to do what we can to enjoy our time there.

Thanks, my daughter is over the moon about it and I'm super excited for her to have this experience after all her hard work! Since you've been down this road before, do you know if they follow typical check in times on comp dates since the entire resort is blocked for it or can you pretty much check in whenever you arrive? We are arriving really early in the morning to try to combat jetlag since she's competing Friday.

Thanks, my daughter is over the moon about it and I'm super excited for her to have this experience after all her hard work! Since you've been down this road before, do you know if they follow typical check in times on comp dates since the entire resort is blocked for it or can you pretty much check in whenever you arrive? We are arriving really early in the morning to try to combat jetlag since she's competing Friday.
Not sure if the rooms are ready at check in time since we check in and head to the parks right away. But I would imagine that the would be ready earlier since the entire place is booked.

Does anyone have a great letter they give to the school about the missed days? I’m dreading writing one. Thought someone here may have some good ideas...

Does anyone have a great letter they give to the school about the missed days? I’m dreading writing one. Thought someone here may have some good ideas...

Funny, I was all stressed out about this as well, especially since DD is missing 2 says of State Testing. In the end, I sent a simple email to her teachers and just said her competitive cheer team qualified for a competition on X dates and unfortunately she will be away. They were fine with it. Honestly, what can they say? I say just keep it simple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter