• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cypress Pointe ?

Teacher03

DIS Veteran
We've been back from Disney for a week,and I am already planning for next year! We stayed at Cypress Pointe Resort last summer (stayed at Pop Century this time) and would like to stay there again next year. Is there a difference between CP Resort and CP Grand Villas. They are the same price on Hotel Kingdom. Thanks in advance for any advice.

We ususally rent a house, but I'm considering Cypress Pointe for our December visit. We'll be traveling with another family, and I'd like for our girls (19 and 18) to easily be able to do some things on their own, so the CP location is probably going to win out over the convenience of a house.

It looks like the main difference is the bed configuration in the 2BR. CP seems to have a twin and a trundle in its second BR while CPGV has two twin beds in its second BR. Also, CPGV has elevators.

CP seems to have been recently renovated while it's been longer for CPGV, but we need the two twins and would like the elevators too.

We are just back from a week at CP Resort. We usually stay in the CP Grand Villas. I like the Villas more they seem to be more sound proof, and the 2 bedroom Villa is larger than the ones in CP Resort. They are actually called Phase 1 and Phase 2. Phase 2 being Grand Villas also has elevators the Cay in Phase 1 we stayed in this time did not. They have all been renovated in the past 2 years but Phase 2 seems to have gotten special treatment. The Volcano pool snack bar was not ready while we were there, so we had to go over to Phase 2 snack bar if we wanted something. We will always now request Phase 2 (or Grand Villas).I hope my opinions are some help.

Thanks for the explanation. I think we will try the Grand Villas this time. The second bedroom being larger is a plus. Thanks again!

Everyone will have things they like or dislike about each area of Cypress Pointe. Phase 1 or Phase 2.

One correction. Phase 2 has never had a unit renovation but they have done selective furniture, carpet and appliance replacement in the past couple years. Phase 1 tried that in 1999-2000 but didn't like the end results as it can leave units with different looks, age of equipment and too much old mixed with new. In 2004-2005 and for all future unit renovations Phase 1 has decided to do the whole unit rather than piecemeal old and new. Two approaches to the same problem both can work if done well.

The new Cafe Pointe featuring Starbucks coffee has been delayed by the multitude of permits and licenses required but it is still planned to have it open by late 2006 along with the new look lobby renovation that is starting in August. Both resorts that make up the complex called Cypress Pointe continue to invest to improve. Just as a side note and take it for what it's worth. The guests that exchange into CP from RCI have rated Phase 1 a Gold Crown resort, the top rank while Phase 2 is a respectable Silver Crown, one step lower. No one would be disappointed at either phase in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter