Cypress Pointe questions -- HELP

disneylaura55

Mouseketeer
hi everyone
we are planning a trip down to orlando next oct. we aren't planning on doing a ton of disney stuff -- and someone suggested cypress pointe for a good place to stay. how does this work? (sorry for stupidity on subject) are these privately owned and u rent them from people? if so...how do u find someone to rent from and trust that they are trustworthy...any thoughts/ideas/help would be great! thanks!!

hi everyone
we are planning a trip down to orlando next oct. we aren't planning on doing a ton of disney stuff -- and someone suggested cypress pointe for a good place to stay. how does this work? (sorry for stupidity on subject) are these privately owned and u rent them from people? if so...how do u find someone to rent from and trust that they are trustworthy...any thoughts/ideas/help would be great! thanks!!

Hi there,
I have stayed at Cypress Pointe twice, and a 3rd time coming up in 24 days! :banana:
I have only ever rented off of an owner. Far better prices from an owner then directly from the resort! I have sent you a PM with the names of people I have used that are legit, and both are wonderful owners to deal with! Anymore questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

If you can get a recommendation, that's great. // I've done about a dozen timeshare rentals from owners over the past 10 years (great places at great prices) and have typcially used sites like TUG2.net and Redweek.com. Only one time did I have the luxury of using an owner I had rented from before (fun when you can). There is a risk involved (much more than doing a retail rental), but it has been a risk I've been willing to take to be able to get such nice properties at such great prices. To date, everything has worked out great for me. I usually get the phone number and address of the renter and talk to them over the phone. Usually the person just seem so nice, competent, and friendly and that makes me think it's legit. We usually talk and agree on price, date, and terms. Sometimes if people have lots of timeshare weeks and do lots of rentals and you ask, they will give you people you can contact who can tell you positive things about having rented from your renter. // Terms have usually been for me 1) Pay 1/2 the rental up front, renter gets rental certificate in my name, I call resort (just for my own peace of mind) and see that I have a reservation for such and such a date in my name., 30 days before I pay remaining balance, day or so before I leave for peace of mind, I call resort and see that they still have a reservation in my name. Then I have a great trip with owner privilages, usually email the owner when I get back about how much I liked the trip, and file their name in case I want to rent from the same resort again.

I love Cypress Pointe and Cypress Pointe Grand Villas. We have stayed there three different times (twice my parents did an RCI trade, and once I did a rental from the TUG2.net site.) // Let me know if you want me to send you that owner's name. I think though she usually reserves Christmas week vs. advertising a floating week that you can choose (finds that to be a week she can usually rent pretty easily and maybe get $100 more than some other weeks). When we rented from her we were looking for Christmas week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter