CVS deals?

cruisnfamily

DIS Veteran
OK, I admit it, I'm lost without my gg list. When I try to do it on my own, I just can't match things up well enough to get the phenomal bargains some of you are able to find.

Anyhow, I went to CVS today to get the soft soap body wash deal(On Sale BOGOF plus 2 mfg coupons of .75 ea) It worked out to a final cost of $1.25 per bottle and I got the 50% more free bottles so I got 2 18o z bottle for less than the cost of 1 12oz bottle.

So, my receipt prints out with a $3 Extra Care Coupon on a purchase of $15 or more. It expires 9/22/05. Now, of course, I'm absolutely itching to use my $3 off but I don't want to just "blow it", I want to get some great deals.

Did anybody notice any other good deals at CVS this week? Should I wait for Sunday and see if there are new deals next week? Help a coupon challenged shopper make the most of CVS ;) Thanks!

Our CVS ad had a deal where if you buy $20 in CoverGirl Makeup products you get $10 in CVS bucks. There were also coupons in our Sunday paper for these items last week to make the deal even sweeter. I have $20 in CVS bucks from last week so I'm going to re-invest!! I bought the SoftSoap Body Wash too. Our paper had $2 off coupons so it was a GREAT deal!

Hmmm...I got 75% off some summer stuff yesterday at CVS. Paid $2.50 for a fold up camp chair for me to watch my ds play football and another $2.50 for my dd to have a beach chair. They had some other stuff, although it was pretty limited.

Princess Glenda said:
Our CVS ad had a deal where if you buy $20 in CoverGirl Makeup products you get $10 in CVS bucks. There were also coupons in our Sunday paper for these items last week to make the deal even sweeter. I have $20 in CVS bucks from last week so I'm going to re-invest!! I bought the SoftSoap Body Wash too. Our paper had $2 off coupons so it was a GREAT deal!

This is what I am doing too. The $20 is before coupons. Also remember the Cover Girl is buy one get one 50% off.

I bought the bonus size Soft soap too today! I only had one 2.00 coupon, but it was still a good deal.

Maggie

Deb,
I saw your ticker about your weight loss and went to the website. I am also trying to lose weight (on ww) and I was curious about your info. Oh MY!!!!!!! This is a work laptop and I hope no one ever sees what I saw. I didn't notice the number 3 and only typed in the rest of the web address. It was so unappropriate and I am not sure how it even made it through the filters on my computer. Just a word of warning to anyone who sees your ticker: don't forget the three! :confused3

I was just at CVS in Boston, and they had small boxes of Rice Krispies for $1.99 (regularly $3.49), and they were the "wake up at Disney World" boxes with the certificates for Disney pins if you buy three. :earsgirl:

Sorry a little OT - Did anyone see those skip it (kind of like jump rope for one leg) things are CVS. I was thinking maybe with the summer sale but I can't think of the right name to call and ask. I went to one by my house and no luck and the lady had no clue what I was trying to describe.

PaulaSue said:
Sorry a little OT - Did anyone see those skip it (kind of like jump rope for one leg) things are CVS. I was thinking maybe with the summer sale but I can't think of the right name to call and ask. I went to one by my house and no luck and the lady had no clue what I was trying to describe.

I do think they are called skip its.

I also seem to remember having one that was a lemon shape or something??? Maybe that will ring a bell.

Maggie

I thought that is what I said to the lady. Maybe I will call anyway and Target and Walmart too. Thanks!!!

Our CVS had the skip it things in the 75% off section. We bought one on clearance at Target a month or so ago so I am sure they are all gone at Target by now.

Yes they are called Skip It. The lemon shaped ones were out in the early 70s as I had one as a child. I've played with my daughter's skip it with them, but nothing beats the lemon one.

Bummer, I called all the CVS close and none had any left. I checked Target too today but as another poster said they are out. Well next year I will be on the lookout.

At my oldest school they are doing construction. They tore out all the play equiptment and will not get a chance to fix it until next school year. So the kids are stuck on the blacktop for all breaks doing those old style kind of games. This was the first she has seen Skip It and I was hoping to buy it for her and a few extra for school.

What other kinds of blacktop/old style games might I look for, for school? I thought of jumpropes but wasn't sure if that is a big risk (big no-no) at schools now of days.

My friend and I are having a table at a festival in town next week so we were so excited with CVS's 75% off sale. We found tons of candy that usually sells for $1.00 each. We are hoping to sell it for its regular $1.00 price and make .75 cents on each piece. It all the stuff that the kids like. We also picked up some really cool airplanes. We are hoping to make a few Disney Dollars. The other thing that I picked up were seven chairs. The regular resin chairs that usually sell for $6.00 each. I am so sikked I paid $1.50 each. I am giving them to my sister for a house warming gift. Still thinking about going to buy some more. You can't beat the price! I drove around to three other CVS's. Some have a ton of stuff left, some not much at all. Does anyone know what day they usually mark stuff down? I called and asked the one down the street and they said sometime next week. My friend and I donate baskets at Christmas time. We want to make kids baskets but would love to hit 90% off.

I was at my CVS earlier today to purchase the Eucerin Redness Relief products that were on sale for $12.99. My store had them already lowered to $12.69. I asked a sales assistant about the price and was told that corporate came through the store a week ago and dramatically lowered prices on many items in the store. Not related to current sales, but might be of interest. (I got $10 extra store bucks for purchasing at least $20 of my Eucerin products.)

For the playground issue--try sidewalk chalk if the teachers allow it. Even painter's tape can work to make hop scotch boards. Also plain balls for dodge ball, kick ball games are fun. Depending on the age, jacks with small super balls are fun too. My 3-5 grade elementary school had no playground equipment and we had to improvise. Give kids a ball and they will make up their own games.

Here are the deals I'm getting this week. Not necessarily fabulous deals but I want to spend $15 to use my $3 Extra Bucks and these are decent deals on stuff we actually use.

4 12pks(actually the bonus packs with 15 in them) Zephyrhills water on sale 2/$5, less $1.50 off 2 coupon(I have 2 coupons), final cost $1.75 per 12pk

2 Aquafresh toothpaste, on sale for $.88, less $1 off 2 coupon, final cost $.38 per toothpaste

2 Suave deodorants, on sale for $.99, less $1 off 2 coupon, final cost $.49 each

1 ajax dish liquid, on sale for $.88, less $.20 coupon, final cost $.68

2 Clean and Clear products, on sale for B1G1 1/2 price, I have coupons for $1 off 1, I'll use 2 of them. Original prices range from $3.99 to $6.99, so I'll have to browse.

Anybody else stumble across anything great in the flyer? I'm not very good at this yet and I miss stuff like that totally free razor and blades last week. Tell me if I'm missing anything great.

PaulaSue said:
Bummer, I called all the CVS close and none had any left. I checked Target too today but as another poster said they are out. Well next year I will be on the lookout.

At my oldest school they are doing construction. They tore out all the play equiptment and will not get a chance to fix it until next school year. So the kids are stuck on the blacktop for all breaks doing those old style kind of games. This was the first she has seen Skip It and I was hoping to buy it for her and a few extra for school.

What other kinds of blacktop/old style games might I look for, for school? I thought of jumpropes but wasn't sure if that is a big risk (big no-no) at schools now of days.

Discovery Toys sells these too, or at least they did last summer. They are pretty pricey of course!

Anyone know if there are any good sales at Wallgreens this week? I did not get their ad.

My CVS still has summer stuff 50% off.

I wanted to get some of the lawn chairs that sit low to the ground for when we go to concerts in the park. I am going to wait though and see if I can get some at 75% off.

Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter