Customizable Kids Meals

pixiedust23

DIS Veteran
So maybe I'm overthinking this, but my DD (dear daughter) will get 1 entree, 2 sides, AND 1 dessert for about $10? We're only going to one TS that isn't buffet/family style (Rose and Crown) and that's what appears like to me. Also they don't have fries listed as a side, but they clearly have them (for fish and chips). Do they allow substitutions if she wants fries instead of mashed potatoes? Thanks!

Yes, kids at Rose and Crown get to pick a kids entree, 2 kids sides, and 1 kids dessert. I’m sure she can get fries as a side since it’s on the kids menu fish and chips. I’ve had no problem subbing fries for a kids side at other places.

Most places are willing to accommodate kids in WDW from my experience---as long as they have fries on the menu, you can usually get some fries. However, if you go to a place expecting Chicken Nuggets for example and chicken nuggets aren't on the menu---you likely can assume you will not be able to get them. We even ate at Narcossee's last summer and my oldest who was overly tired wanted Mickey Noodles and the Chicken Tenders---which were two separate entrees. The waitress saw our dilema and got him the Chicken Tenders with a side of the Mickey noodles.

I feel like my situation might have been a fluke, but I will say that Rose and Crown was the only restaurant I've ever been too that wouldn't let me sub out the pre-assigned sides on the menu. I can't remember what side the steak I ordered came with, but I asked if I could sub that for fries and was told that if I wanted fries, I would need to order and pay for them as a side.

I've never heard anyone else report that this was their experience there, but I figured I would let you know just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter