Curve Results - How are others doing??? Can we start a check in thread?

KathyFP

<font color=green>You mean there is more to the so
I had my first weigh in and measurement at Curves on Friday. I lost 11 pounds and 6 1/2 inches. I was disappointed with the inches (the girl told me that it may not be exact since someone else did my initial measurments).

I usual go 5 days a week.

How are others doing at Curves?

I was just measured today!

I have lost 2.5 lbs, (although according to my scale at home I have lost more than that- but I also weigh shoeless first thing in the AM in my skivvies, so I guess that makes a difference! :lmao: ), and 3.75 inches. I haven't been going as much as I should- usually 3 days max. I am going to step it up to 5 days/week. I know I can do better!

They never got my weigh/measure from the Curves I transferred from so Ughhh! I didn't get to do it. Was really needing the extra motivation too.

I'm going to ask them to call today when I go in as the girl on Sat is just a part-timer. I did get on the scale and so I know I am down 5.5 for the month(total of 17) from where I started. :cool1:

Thanks for asking :goodvibes

I took the Curves nutritional class beginning Jan. 15. Since that time I've lost over 23 pounds, 23 inches, and about 4 percent on the bmi.

A couple years ago I tried going to Curves 5 days a week. I stagnated. I did better doing Curves 3 days and walking the others. Just a thought.

teacher31 said:
I took the Curves nutritional class beginning Jan. 15. Since that time I've lost over 23 pounds, 23 inches, and about 4 percent on the bmi.

Wow that's really great results!! :thumbsup2

Jumping on here to ask - how do you all like Curves? My Mom & I are considering joining our local Curves, but I'm curious to hear how you like it.

There are also 2-3 other "Curves" like places that are locally run & a Bally's, in the area. I like the idea of Curves over Bally's because I can go whenever fits my schedule & not have to be at Bally's at a specific time for a class, etc.

Is there anything you gals don't like about Curves?

Thanks so much for any info! :goodvibes :teeth:

My only complaint is that the hours are restrictive. M-F the last work out is 6:30pm and they close between 12:30 (or 1) & 3:30 in the afternoons. Sat they are open only 3 hours and closed Sundays.

I can make it work and get there when they are open but would love to be able to work out on Sundays and Firdays are inconvenient b/c I am off (work M-Th) but go to school until noon Fridays. It would be nice to go straight to work out after.

Wow! Congratulations on your weight & inches lost!! How long did it take you to do that? I never get weighed/measured so it's hard to tell. And for various reasons I haven't been consistent with going so I'm sure that doesn't help.

Jill

lovetheparks said:
My only complaint is that the hours are restrictive. M-F the last work out is 6:30pm and they close between 12:30 (or 1) & 3:30 in the afternoons. Sat they are open only 3 hours and closed Sundays.
I have to agree. I wish they had longer hours and were open on Sundays.

Other than that, I love the interactions with the other ladies. The conversations make the time go quick.

Sorry one other slight dislike - the music. I wish it was a little more modern, but I understand that they have to be general enough because of the diverse opoulation of clientle

The hours vary by location. Mine opens at 6, or so I have heard, and closes at 8. Sat. it is 8 - 12. Closed Sunday.

My only irritating issue with Curves is 'space.' I don't like it when the place is empty except for me and then someone joins the circuit RIGHT NEXT TO ME. Move over! That's my only issue. When that happens, I take a bathroom break and then go somewhere far, far away. It works.

KathyFP said:
Sorry one other slight dislike - the music. I wish it was a little more modern, but I understand that they have to be general enough because of the diverse opoulation of clientle

I know what you mean about the music. It's not my favorite most of the time either. The other thing though they have to take into account is the beat. Even the 'slow' music has to have 140 beats per minute (or something like that).

:)

I like Curves. I'm not sure if I have anything I really dislike, that would be a deal breaker for me at any rate. I've been going off and on for a year now. I won't go in and get remeasured until I hit my second 10%. I know I'm right about where I got weighed/measured last time and I don't want to know really how bad it's been. Soon as I can drop about 21 lbs again then I'll be set to go in and see how I've done!

LdyFaile said:
I know what you mean about the music. It's not my favorite most of the time either. The other thing though they have to take into account is the beat. Even the 'slow' music has to have 140 beats per minute (or something like that).

:)

My old Curves had a Disney mix. I'm probably the only one in there who liked it, but they knew I enjoyed it so they endured. How sweet!

Whenever I walk into Curves the 2 ladies know to change the music to track 2. Seems tracks 2 & 1 are more upbeat and thats what I need.
I walk outside 30mins most mornings. After work I stop at Curves - its becoming a social thing for me - not sure how much its benefitting physically.

I find that the social aspect makes me work harder without thinking about it.

Plus all exercise is beneficial

I am glad I found this thread. I am joining Curves tonight after thinking about doing it for probably 3 years now. I was not going to do it because I have a treadmill in the basement that doesn't get a whole lot of use, but I think if I have this to do each day (well M, W and Sat) that it is more of a formal thing and I will go more consistently. Looking forward to it, but I didn't know they were going to take measurements. I think I would rather not share that information!!

:welcome: dismom3

Trust me. You'll love the inches. It's kinda odd when they say, "Hey! You've lost 16 inches this month!" Typically the inches come off moreso than the pounds. You'll love Curves!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter