Current transportation options?

Raven01

Proud Momma to DD
I’m seeing posts here and there on transportation, but is there a summary somewhere?

We are staying at Boardwalk in September. Will walk or boat to Epcot and HS. Bus to others.

Is the monorail working On the Epcot line? Any point in riding Skyliner for us, other than to ride it?

What rides have car seats? We will have a wheelchair. I have never done Uber and I’m not sure they are even an option.

seashoreCM

All around nice guy.
If the Epcot monorail is not running then there will be substitute buses.

Boardwalk guests have no need for the Skyliner other than for a joyride.

No rides have or permit car seats; there are minimum height restrictions on some.

The stroller as a wheelchair designation (get it at Guest Relations) lets you skip the usual stroller parking area for a ride. It is still possible that your child (or anyone in a wheelchair) to need to transfer to a ride seat and you pick up the wheelchair or stroller again at the ride exit.

Last edited:
  • joelkfla

DIS Veteran
    Click on your resort of choice on the following page to see current transportation options direct from Disney: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

If you click on Contemporary, it says the Epcot Monorail is not running.

If you click on BW Villas, it says to use the Skyliner to DHS, implying boats are not running.

If you click on Poly Villas, it says boats are not running to MK; I assume that would also apply to the boats that circulate among CR, WL, & FtW. That makes sense, because they're too small to have any measure of social distancing while carrying a worthwhile number of passengers.

Last edited:

GADisneyDad14

TPAS Moderator
    The Poly/MK resort boat is currently running. It doesn’t stop at GF (boat dock is in NBA bubble) like it normally would. It’s a larger old style model that I’ve seen before, but only during extreme crowd situations like New Years.

joelkfla

DIS Veteran
    The Poly/MK resort boat is currently running. It doesn’t stop at GF (boat dock is in NBA bubble) like it normally would. It’s a larger old style model that I’ve seen before, but only during extreme crowd situations like New Years.
    If it's neither a Launch nor a Cruiser (like MK-WL), it's probably a former DAK river cruise boat. A couple of them were refitted for occasional MK watercraft service.

When DAK opened, they circled Discovery Island, docking at Asia and near the DInoland entrance. They were discontinued after a year or two. Rumored reasons were that they were low capacity, Guests were upset when they were told it was a one-way trip and they had to get off, and there wasn't enough to see from the boat. There were 2 minor attractions along the route: a dragon cave that roared and emitted flames when the boats passed, and a group of kinetic water-spewing sculptures. The docks are now used for character greetings in non-pandemic times.

• Alice Sr.

My little Mouseketeer
    Following. we are checking into CR on 8/8 and have heard the monorail isn't running to Epcot...
    Good idea OP. I just asked on another thread if we could still walk from BWV to HS, I had heard the walkway was closed when they 1st reopened. I didn't know the monorail was down. I'm glad we are renting a car this trip.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.