Current sugar free options in both parks

Yes - I’ve been off of refined sugar (a.k.a. sugar, sucrose, table sugar) for 30-plus years. Unfortunately, I’m not aware of any treats that are available at DL without sugar. Consequently, I’ve never had a churro, Dole Whip or any other treat at DL :-(. I’m not sure how long you’ll be in town but in LA there’s a nice vegan bakery that’s all gluten-free and some of its cupcakes are made with agave or maple syrup instead of sugar. They’re really good and come in at $4.95 apiece. It used to be called Baby Cakes but now it simply goes by the less inspiring name Erin McKenna’s Bakery. I recommend it highly. I happened to stumble upon it in NYC ten years ago and was shocked that it fit all of my three criteria: vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free.

Yes - I’ve been off of refined sugar (a.k.a. sugar, sucrose, table sugar) for 30-plus years. Unfortunately, I’m not aware of any treats that are available at DL without sugar. Consequently, I’ve never had a churro, Dole Whip or any other treat at DL :-(. I’m not sure how long you’ll be in town but in LA there’s a nice vegan bakery that’s all gluten-free and some of its cupcakes are made with agave or maple syrup instead of sugar. They’re really good and come in at $4.95 apiece. It used to be called Baby Cakes but now it simply goes by the less inspiring name Erin McKenna’s Bakery. I recommend it highly. I happened to stumble upon it in NYC ten years ago and was shocked that it fit all of my three criteria: vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free.
Thanks for response, not for me, but for my husband. We know it will be hard to find something, but we are up for the challenge! Will report back if we do.

The only “sugar free” option I know of at Disneyland is the no sugar added butter pecan ice cream at the Gibson Girl ice cream parlor on Main Street. Keep in mind that while they don’t add sugar, it does have maltitol, maltodextrin, polydextrose, sorbitol, sucralose (Splenda), and acesulfame K (Sunett/Sweet One) added as sweeteners. A half cup serving has 120 calories and 16 grams of carbs. As a diabetic my system doesn’t like the maltitol (raises my blood glucose just like sugar) or the sugar alcohols (intestinal upset). YMMV.

The only “sugar free” option I know of at Disneyland is the no sugar added butter pecan ice cream at the Gibson Girl ice cream parlor on Main Street. Keep in mind that while they don’t add sugar, it does have maltitol, maltodextrin, polydextrose, sorbitol, sucralose (Splenda), and acesulfame K (Sunett/Sweet One) added as sweeteners. A half cup serving has 120 calories and 16 grams of carbs. As a diabetic my system doesn’t like the maltitol (raises my blood glucose just like sugar) or the sugar alcohols (intestinal upset). YMMV.
Wow, yeah that is some mixture of sweeteners, yeah I kinda wondered about ice cream and candies possibly being sugar free on Main Street. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter