Current Resort Parking Policy for Non-Resort Guests

AtlantaDisneyDreamer

DIS Veteran
Hello!
We will be in Orlando next week, but staying off-site and not doing the parks.

We would like to visit the Poly and the GF, though. What is the current parking situation for non-resort guests without ADRs? Just want to spend a couple of hours eating quick service and shopping and enjoying the resorts.

We have an AP, but want to lark at the resorts and not the parks.

Hello!

We would like to visit the Poly and the GF, though. What is the current parking situation for non-resort guests without ADRs? Just want to spend a couple of hours eating quick service and shopping and enjoying the resorts.

You may have to Valet or you maye be able to just park. It all depends on how busy they are. No way to know beforehand.

The Grand Floridian parking lot is actually across the street and quite inconvenient. Personally never had an issue parking there, but be aware that it is a hike

We've parked there several times previously, but we have always been resort guests. I like that I can drop off my mom and she can wait for us in the lobby. I don't mind walking, but I don't like for her to.

I had heard that Disney was "testing" a parking fee for the monorail resorts and The Boardwalk. I know we can't park at Boardwalk now without paying a fee, but wasn't sure the status at the Poly and GF.

Hello!

We were at my parent's last week, they live about an hour from WDW. We spent the day at Disney Springs then wanted to visit the Poly to have a quick bite at CC, a Dole Whip and watch the fireworks on the beach. We told the guard we wanted to eat at Captain Cook's and he waved us in with a smile. No time limit, no fees, no worries.

We were at my parent's last week, they live about an hour from WDW. We spent the day at Disney Springs then wanted to visit the Poly to have a quick bite at CC, a Dole Whip and watch the fireworks on the beach. We told the guard we wanted to eat at Captain Cook's and he waved us in with a smile. No time limit, no fees, no worries.
Thanks! That is good to know. Glad they still have space for us outsiders.

Interesting. From a survey question?

Does seam to be true for Boardwalk, though. At least during Flower and Garden. I guess they can close any of them once they are full, and resort guests should certainly have priority.
No, they aren't charging for parking, Valet yes, but not self parking

Thanks! That is good to know. Glad they still have space for us outsiders.

But they might not when you arrive. If there's space available, you can park for free. If there's not, you'll have to pay for Valet. And if it's really slammed, you'll be turned away. You just never know.

I just saw a thread that Boardwalk is closed to non resort guests unless they pay to valet. Overflow parking was also closed, according to the post . May not be permanent, but maybe because of spring break and F&G regular parking is closed now. Too many people trying to park at Boardwalk and walk to Epcot.

I know last year when we went to YC in a taxi from POFQ there were signs up about parking (F&W plus the Gartner Synposium) . Since we were in a taxi I didn't read them closely. The 1st time was lunch at CG & we just got waved in. The 2nd time the taxi was stopped (dinner going to YSH) they scanned my magic band to check. Which was strange as we were in a marked taxi as opposed to Uber/Lyft car.
Moral of the story at a theme park hotel be prepared to pay valet or get waved away and be happy if you get to park for free.

I just saw a thread that Boardwalk is closed to non resort guests unless they pay to valet. Overflow parking was also closed, according to the post . May not be permanent, but maybe because of spring break and F&G regular parking is closed now. Too many people trying to park at Boardwalk and walk to Epcot.
Right. I thought you were thinking that Boardwalk was charging for self parking. Any of the Deluxe resorts could close to non resort guests at any time. Depends on crowds and parking situation. It may be closed off today and open tomorrow. That's the policy for non resort guests at any of them. But none of them charge any parking fees for self parking.

Actually, I wonder how if the BW charged non resort guests for parking it would solve the parking problem at the BW. Assuming the cost to park if ever implemented would be the same if you parked at Epcot, why wouldn't someone park at the BW and walk the 10 minutes to the International Gateway entrance.
This seems to me as lot easier than parking at Epcot itself and then making their way to the park. The only foolproof method would be to charge more than to park at Epcot, giving no incentive for the "cheaters" but to park at Epcot.

Right. I thought you were thinking that Boardwalk was charging for self parking. Any of the Deluxe resorts could close to non resort guests at any time. Depends on crowds and parking situation. It may be closed off today and open tomorrow. That's the policy for non resort guests at any of them. But none of them charge any parking fees for self parking.
That makes sense. Wonder if this could be the way Disney introduces parking fees- by saying lots are closed to non resort guests without ADRs unless they valet.

Do you happen to know which of the deluxe resorts has the most parking and offers a better chance of getting in? I know that the CR and the Boardwalk resorts are known for having the biggest parking issues. AKL seems to have lots of empty parking spaces.

That makes sense. Wonder if this could be the way Disney introduces parking fees- by saying lots are closed to non resort guests without ADRs unless they valet.

Do you happen to know which of the deluxe resorts has the most parking and offers a better chance of getting in? I know that the CR and the Boardwalk resorts are known for having the biggest parking issues. AKL seems to have lots of empty parking spaces.
I'd guess that CR and BWI are the worse and AKL and WL have no parking issues
Poly can at times but it's right next to TTC so if you can't park at Poly, park at TTC and walk over
GF, as mentioned above, has inconvenient parking so not many want to deal with that
YC/BC probably varies by conventions at the time. Most of the time it would be open

I'd guess that CR and BWI are the worse and AKL and WL have no parking issues
Poly can at times but it's right next to TTC so if you can't park at Poly, park at TTC and walk over
GF, as mentioned above, has inconvenient parking so not many want to deal with that
YC/BC probably varies by conventions at the time. Most of the time it would be open
Thanks. Since our upcoming trip is not a Disney parks trip, I still have to get my Disney fix somehow. Visiting the resorts will be nice.

Though I never put anything past them for drumming up more $$, I doubt it. It's been this way for at least 10 years now.
I hope the policy doesn't ever change. Current policy is one thing that keeps Disney magical for me. I can come and go as I please to all the resorts (usually). I still have my dream of one day living near the parks, and I would hate for parking fees to prevent me from going. One reason I never visit downtown Atlanta is because of parking fees. Bleh. Parking fees. Maybe in a future world of auto-driven Uber, they will disappear altogether.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter