• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current opening procedure at Epcot?

Jill Schwartz

Mouseketeer
Anybody been at Epcot before opening recently?
When we were there in Dec 2002 they were dropping a rope near a fountain (I think), and everyone was literally RUNNING to Test Track. We were there early and were standing right in front of the rope but it didn't do us any good b/c people from the back just bolted over everyone.
I thought I had heard that they were now "walking" the rope towards Test Track at opening to keep folks from doing this. Is that true??
Thanks
Jill

With the opening of Mission Space, it has taken some of the attention away from Test Track. It helps to even out the crowds going to both.

We were there two weeks ago and they did stress walking at the drop of the rope but did not walk the rope. Most everyone walked. I didnt notice but a few very fast walkers. It was not real crowded on this particular morning though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter