Current info on Skipper's Canteen?

lorenae

I'm going to Disney World!
I've never been here, but am planning on a solo lunch one day. I can't find any current information on it, although I remember when I was planning a trip in 2015, it was eagerly discussed.

The menu looks ok (certainly not cheap, though!). What did you like, and most importantly, what did you not like?

We have eaten there several times. while the menu is not as adventurous as it was when it opened, we enjoy it and have not had a bad meal there.
Favorites include sustainable fish, the lamb, curried stew and the salad.

We ate there this week and it was one of our favourite meals of the week. I had the fish stew and OH had the sustainable fish they were both very good. The kids meals were also great.

We enjoyed our lunch there last month. It’s a nice break without having to leave the park. Always easy to get a reservation too!

Thank you! I know the entrees aren't cheap, but some looked good to me based on the menu, so I wanted to ask you all about it. I knew I could count on you!

I've always loved it there, especially because the jungle cruise is one of my favorite rides. They have some excellent shumai and while it looks strange, the whole fried fish was amazing. Good drinks options and desserts too.

I've always loved it there, especially because the jungle cruise is one of my favorite rides. They have some excellent shumai and while it looks strange, the whole fried fish was amazing. Good drinks options and desserts too.
My DH is the one who requested going here. We are going on my birthday...the whole fish sounds so good but it does look odd. Im very excited by the dessert menu! My family is VERY into kitsch and whimsy, so the schtick is up their alley!We're going on Jungle Cruise right before we eat here.

I've never been here, but am planning on a solo lunch one day. I can't find any current information on it, although I remember when I was planning a trip in 2015, it was eagerly discussed.

The menu looks ok (certainly not cheap, though!). What did you like, and most importantly, what did you not like?
Skipper's is our go-to place to eat at MK. Definitely heads and shoulders above the other dining options there. For apps, we usually order the the cachapas and the falafel. For entrees, curried veggie stew, whole fish, lamb chops, and seafood stew are the 4 things we usually order. All very tasty!

We love Skipper's - the theming is lots of fun, service has always been solid, and the food great. My favourites: "Tastes like Chicken" Because it is!, and the Perkins Thai Noodles. My DH is also a fan of their Jungle Navigation Co. Shandy as well. Always find Skipper's a nice break away from the crowds while still being immersed in the MK.

Great addition to the MK! We have been several times - DH likes the steak and the pork, DD (13) likes the steak & Lamb, I always get the lamb. We usually split the cachapas as an app. The desserts are good too!

I went there twice on solo lunches on my last trip to WDW and it was fantastic both times. All the entrées are good. I like the pork a lot and the Punch Line Punch with the spiced rim is seriously one of my favourite memories of this trip. I love the theming in there and I had very good service both times. The second time was a last minute reservation on the same day (because I realised how much I missed it) and I had no trouble securing a table.

Enjoy!

Skipper Canteen is one of my favorite restaurants in all of Disney! Their appetizers are fantastic - I usually get the Cachapas and the Shiriki Noodle Salad. I can get both of those for less than the cost of an entree, and they are absolutely delicious!

I always solo lunch at Skipper Canteen, it's one of my favorite restaurants. I stick with appetizers, and here is what I always get:

--S.E.A. shu mai (tasty wontons)
--Shiriki Noodle Salad (very fresh with lots of veggies, probably surpassed the shu mai as my favorite app)
--Kungaloosh beer (hard to find at WDW! Definitely the only place you can get it in MK. All of the other places are at AK, and few and far between)

If you can, try to get a seat away from the main hall. The other areas are a bit smaller and, while they're not quieter, there's more to look at. I also hope you get a Jungle-Cruise-y waiter to tell you dry jokes and make you laugh.

I cannot recommend Skipper Canteen enough! I was there earlier this month for the first time, and now it's a must-do on every trip from now on. I had the Thai noodles, and I eat a lot of Thai food but this really stood out as excellent.

PLUS: pao de queijo!!! If that's not enough of a selling point on its own, I don't know what is. Unbelievably good.

We ate there last month. It was one of our best meals. Love the atmosphere and the food. Had the Brazilian cheese bread appetizer. We also loved the rack of lamb and the seafood stew. We thought the desserts were just average.

We enjoyed lunch at the Skipper Canteen this summer. I really liked the theme and general ambiance. Food-wise, my sister had the steak salad and loved it. I had the Thai noodles. They were pretty good, but I would try something else if I visit again. The seasonal sangria I ordered was really refreshing. I think it would be a great place to dine solo because of how interactive the servers are. I hope you have a nice visit!

This is my favorite table service at MK. We always get the Orinoco Ida's Cachapas to start with it's my favorite. For entrees the usual winners at our table are the
"Tastes like Chicken" Because it is! , Curried Vegetable Crew Stew, and Shiriki Noodle Salad (technically an appetizer but this gets ordered as entree because who shares a noodle bowl as an appetizer?). I was meh'd by the Perkins Thai Noodles last time we were in so I won't be ordering those again. It's a great place to escape the heat/crowds and you can usually always snag a last minute reservation for it. Make sure to explore the different dining rooms before you leave!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter