Current Bus Times From WDW to Port Canaveral?

Cruising Girl

Mouseketeer
I couldn't find a post on this since last fall so hoping someone has done this recently. I am on the MV of the Wish and while I am platinum, I"m down the list with only 18 cruises so far. I'm wondering if even doing online check-in at midnight if port arrival time will still be based on level of platinum CC member? So instead of driving I am thinking of going ahead and doing Disney but transfers from WDW to PC. I'll be staying at the Grand Floridian before the cruise. Does anyone know the current bus pick up times from GF? Also is GF first, second etc...in a line of pick up resorts? And any other info/help is greatly appreciated.

I couldn't find a post on this since last fall so hoping someone has done this recently. I am on the MV of the Wish and while I am platinum, I"m down the list with only 18 cruises so far. I'm wondering if even doing online check-in at midnight if port arrival time will still be based on level of platinum CC member? So instead of driving I am thinking of going ahead and doing Disney but transfers from WDW to PC. I'll be staying at the Grand Floridian before the cruise. Does anyone know the current bus pick up times from GF? Also is GF first, second etc...in a line of pick up resorts? And any other info/help is greatly appreciated.
Port Arrival Time is not based on Castaway Club level.

The bus schedules are not set until like the day before pick up. They are set based on the number of people from which resorts need the transportation. Pickup times are starting earlier than they used to (now around 9:00 am or so) going until about 1:00 pm. And the order depends on which resorts need to be stopped at, so while the GF might be first on one day, it may be third on another.

It seems like from my experience and other reports on here if you book the DCL bus from a WDW resort to PC, you're auto-assigned 10:15-10:30 for a PAT and BG 3. At least at the moment.

Thanks all--I had only seen reports from last fall and they were showing leaving WDW around 8:30 which makes sense that PAT would be 10:15-10:30 especially if there were multiple stops. No doubt everyone except concierge will be up at midnight trying to score an early PAT for MV so trying to gather as much info as possible and hope for an early bus if my fingers are slow during online check in!!

Thanks all--I had only seen reports from last fall and they were showing leaving WDW around 8:30 which makes sense that PAT would be 10:15-10:30 especially if there were multiple stops. No doubt everyone except concierge will be up at midnight trying to score an early PAT for MV so trying to gather as much info as possible and hope for an early bus if my fingers are slow during online check in!!

I can't answer for the pick-up time from GF (or anywhere yet...I can tell you what mine at Riviera is on the 16th after that), but if you're already signed up for DCL transportation you don't have to pick a time. It auto-assigns it for you.

We are staying at a non-Disney hotel before our cruise. We were thinking of getting Disney bus from MCO. Any idea what time that pick up would be or how we would find that?

We are staying at a non-Disney hotel before our cruise. We were thinking of getting Disney bus from MCO. Any idea what time that pick up would be or how we would find that?
I believe the DCL transfers open at 9:00 at MCO. At least they used to.....

You are checked in and board the next available bus.

Busses start running approximately 20 minutes after they open, and subsequent busses depart every 20 minutes, or when full, whichever is first.

Well, at least that's the way it used to be. I don't know if they've modified how often the busses depart now to manage the number of people arriving at the port within any given window.

I believe the DCL transfers open at 9:00 at MCO. At least they used to.....

You are checked in and board the next available bus.

Busses start running approximately 20 minutes after they open, and subsequent busses depart every 20 minutes, or when full, whichever is first.

Well, at least that's the way it used to be. I don't know if they've modified how often the busses depart now to manage the number of people arriving at the port within any given window.
Thank you - that’s helpful. I will call DCL to book (you cannot book one way on the website)

I just called to find out my pick-up info from Riviera for Monday (there's a number in my a pre-arrival email that you can call 48 hours in advance) and a super nice CM looked up the info and said that for Monday meeting is by 8am and departure is 8:15 and meeting is in the Voyager Lounge.

And yes, if all your luggage is carry-on (mine is) you can take it with you and they will load it under the bus.

I just called to find out my pick-up info from Riviera for Monday (there's a number in my a pre-arrival email that you can call 48 hours in advance) and a super nice CM looked up the info and said that for Monday meeting is by 8am and departure is 8:15 and meeting is in the Voyager Lounge.

And yes, if all your luggage is carry-on (mine is) you can take it with you and they will load it under the bus.
Thank you for the information!! It was tough to find the info but I called that line that you suggested and it was easy! Our meeting time from Yacht/Beach on Monday is 7:45a with a departure time of 8:15a. Thank you again!

I have another (what might be dumb) question--
Prior to and even since I have always gotten an early PAT and boarding #2 or 3. If the bus is getting there by 9:30-10:00 ish--what have your boarding group numbers been? Are you getting early ones and getting on the ship early or having to sit and wait because of late boarding group numbers? Thanks again so much for your help!

On our May 16 Dream sailing, we had a report time of 0815 at Saratoga Springs with a pickup time of 0845. The bus was 20 minutes late (we were the last stop out of 4). The driver made good time and we were in the testing tent at about 1015. The computer assigns everyone a PAT to control the crowds.

I have another (what might be dumb) question--
Prior to and even since I have always gotten an early PAT and boarding #2 or 3. If the bus is getting there by 9:30-10:00 ish--what have your boarding group numbers been? Are you getting early ones and getting on the ship early or having to sit and wait because of late boarding group numbers? Thanks again so much for your help!

On the May 16 Dream cruise, we were auto-assigned a PAT of 10:30-10:45 and BG 4. I believe they started boarding at noon and we didn’t wait long for our BG to be called. Once aboard, they direct you to your muster station, where you take a picture with the app to verify you’ve visited it.

Be aware that everything may change after new testing procedures go into effect in June. With less testing at port, there won’t be a need to schedule busses as early.

Be aware that everything may change after new testing procedures go into effect in June. With less testing at port, there won’t be a need to schedule busses as early.

This is a great point! Will have to see/hear some first hand accounts of how the bus times are working after the new testing procedures are in place.

OP....I am also Platinum and on the Wish MV. That cruise will be my 51st DCL but I do not think it matters how many cruises each Platinum will have....at midnight it will be a free for all! We will all be at the mercy of DCL's website (cringe) and our internet connections LOL. I have not heard anything about "tiers" for platinum for check in for the MV. I know when the Hawaii to Vancouver check in opened up (which was mostly Platinum also) I was able to get a decent PAT of 11:00 am and boarding group 6. Once they start calling the boarding numbers it goes really fast. Even though I was boarding group 6 it was just a few minutes (like 5) when #6 was called.

Good luck!!! See you onboard!!

MJ

It seems like from my experience and other reports on here if you book the DCL bus from a WDW resort to PC, you're auto-assigned 10:15-10:30 for a PAT and BG 3. At least at the moment.
Does anyone know if this is true regarding the PATs with DCL transfers from MCO or the Hyatt at MCO? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter