Currency question for British Virgin Islands

dprincessmom

dprincessmom
I was researching excursions today and they mention some places is Tortola and St. Thomas (USVI) don't take credit cards and to have cash, so that leads me to my question of what currency would I need in Tortola? Can I exchange money on the ship or better to bring from home?

Thanks for any insight. First cruise was to Nassau and Castaway - we stayed on ship in Nassau, so no money issues there.

I was researching excursions today and they mention some places is Tortola and St. Thomas (USVI) don't take credit cards and to have cash,

Is that because of the hurricane? We definitely made purchases with credit card on St. Thomas a few years ago. Or is it just some of the smaller/outlying areas which don't take credit card? I can't speak to Tortola since DCL didn't go there at the time we did the Eastern cruise.

Hurricane is a factor. Some areas have limited cellular access and are running on generators yet. Makes even Square or similar an issue for cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter