Currency on Western Caribbean

TestingH2O

DIS Veteran
What kinds of currency will we need at Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Falmouth? Advice appreciated.

You should have no issues using US dollars in the ports. If you use a credit make sure it is one without foreign transaction fees, or ask for your purchases to be made in US dollars.

US Dollars will work fine. However, if you have a CC with no xtra transaction fees, thats a safer option

We have used U.S. dollars at all three ports with no problems . Keep in mind that you may receive change in the local currency instead of U.S.

We have used U.S. dollars at all three ports with no problems . Keep in mind that you may receive change in the local currency instead of U.S.

To this day I still carry around a "lucky" $1 coin in my bathing suit I got in Cozumel from a cruise I took back in 2007.

The Cayman Islands $5 bill I received in change for my purchase with US dollars is one of my favorite souvenirs from our Western Caribbean cruise! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter