• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Curious - How many corporate lounges exist?

empedocles

Mouseketeer
I just spotted the thread about the HPE (which I assume stands for Hewlett Packard?) lounge in Galaxy's Edge, and I know the AP Lounge in Epcot used to be a lounge for GM employees.

That got me wondering, how many (semi) secret corporate lounges are in WDW?

HPE is HP Enterprise. HP and HPE split into two separate companies in 2015. HP used to have a lounge in Mission Space.

No longer open but The Living Seas, when Epcot opened, was sponsored by United Technologies who had a corporate lounge space for employees which I took advantage of.

United Technologies Corporation (UTC) was a conglomerate that included Otis Elevator, Pratt & Whitney commercial and military engines, Sikorsky Helicopters, and Carrier Air Conditioning (at the time) if I remember correctly.

As a P&W employee in the late 80s, I had to contact my P&W Human Resources department about how to access the lounge with my corporate photo ID. Which I did and it was a nice quiet, air-conditioned place to relax and chill for a while.

The corporate sponsorships seem to be muted in the parks nowadays but those lounges were nice perks back in the day.

Bama Ed

Wonders of Life was sponsored by MetLife and employees got to go to the front of the line of Body Wars. The lounge was nice with a soda machine, and restrooms.
Denise

I worked at all of the so called "secret lounges" regularly. Park Events Ops used them for private and special events all the time. They really weren't secret, it's just that they weren't accessible to WDW day Guests. Most are still there in one form or another, but there are only a few that still have corporate sponsors, the rest were used as venues for private events by anyone that wanted to have one. Of course they come with a hefty price tag. They will be or are being used now by the events group. Sadly they've had better days but for the most part are in pretty good shape.

I never really answered the OP's question. When I retired just before Galaxy's Edge opened and not including the AP lounge, these are the lounges that were used then. Future World had the HP, SSE, WoL, Living Seas and GM lounges. The World Showcase had a lounge in Norway and in the American Adventure which become Club 33. AK had the Dino Lounge. Hope I didn't forget any.

Last edited:
Hello, I’m an HPE employee and have visited our corporate lounge at Disneyworld. Does anyone know if there is one at Disneyland? It would be nice to visit and receive a FP for smuggler’s run at this park.

How many DVC member lounges are there at WDW? I know of the one in Epcot and the one at the contemporary. any others? Is there one at DHS? do they have certain operating hours or are they open the same as park hours?

How many DVC member lounges are there at WDW? I know of the one in Epcot and the one at the contemporary. any others? Is there one at DHS? do they have certain operating hours or are they open the same as park hours?

Those are the only ones I know of. As far as in parks, I'm pretty sure Epcot is the only one.

Strange, you'd think there would be one in every park.
Not really. DVC perks don't have to be the greatest because they aren't a huge reason people join DVC (I'd bet most new members never even heard about the lounges) and once you've bought in, they already have your money--and if you don't like it and sell, that makes no difference to Disney financially--the buyer will just keep paying the dues. '

Also, just FYI, the Top of the World lounge at the Contemporary has been closed since Covid happened.

Strange, you'd think there would be one in every park.
The one in Epcot opened in otherwise unused space in the Imagination pavilion in 2016 in celebration of DVC’s 25th anniversary and was promoted to encourage direct sales. It’s paid for by DVD, not by DVC member fees (which is why it’s limited to blue card members only), and was announced as being temporary. It has been extended each year since then, but most likely when Disney decides to renovate that pavilion the DVC member lounge will be closed.

From what time to what time did the Annual Passholder Lounge operate? The one they tried this summer was a true disaster.....

Where specifically is the AP lounge in Epcot. I would love to see it if it's open.
It's in the Figment building. You go in by the gift shop, show you're "legal" to go upstairs and assuming there's availability, up you go.
I think there should be a Disney teachers' lounge:)
It seems to me there was talk of it, back when Eisner was in charge, and I'm pretty sure it was before 2003. But maybe that was just wishful thinking on my part, since I was a teacher.

It's in the Figment building. You go in by the gift shop, show you're "legal" to go upstairs and assuming there's availability, up you go.
I think you're referring to the DVC Lounge.

The Annual Pass Lounge was in the Land Pavilion according to this website:
https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/corporate-lounges/gallery/01jul2000-the-land-corporate-lounge.htm

I don't know when that lounge closed, but it is sad that could not have become the DVC for example, though the one at Figment works just fine I suppose.

This summer they opened a temporary "lounge" for Annual Pass members also in that pavilion, but it was downstairs by the quick-service restaurants and really was more a reserved seating area. The time we went was absolute chaos, and you would have had a more enjoyable time at other parts of the park than in your special/exclusive lounge.

I don't know where the Dino Lounge is at AK, but that would be great to convert to a DVC Lounge if they were willing to do so.

I think you're referring to the DVC Lounge.
Yup, you're right! Thanks for correcting me!
I remember the AP lounge in the land. It was a great place to see the characters from the Garden Grill when they'd come up to take a rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter