curious about refillable mug handle colors

sasmmb

Mouseketeer
In April this year we purchase a YOMD refillable mug at our resort at POFQ and another one for stay at POP (had to split hotels that trip). I was just taking them out of the dishwasher and noticed for the first time that 1 has a grey handle and one has a black handle. I have no idea which one came from where.

Just curious, what are the color of the handles on your YOMD mugs and what resort did you get it at? I'm wondering if this is now the "differentiator" between resorts, subtle as it may be.

In April this year we purchase a YOMD refillable mug at our resort at POFQ and another one for stay at POP (had to split hotels that trip). I was just taking them out of the dishwasher and noticed for the first time that 1 has a grey handle and one has a black handle. I have no idea which one came from where.

Just curious, what are the color of the handles on your YOMD mugs and what resort did you get it at? I'm wondering if this is now the "differentiator" between resorts, subtle as it may be.

We stayed at Asmu and Pop and both had grey, black and blue handles you got whatever they grabbed unless you asked for a specific color handle we had 2 grey 2 blue and 2 black! I forgot OKW also had the same exact mugs and colors!

We stayed at the Polynesian in July and purchased two mugs. One had a blue handle and the other had a black handle. There were also gray handles for sale. :)

We bought 2 blues, 1 gray, and 1 black. I wish the lids would match the handles on all of the mugs.

I also hope that they get a new mug design for next year. They are extending YOAMD, so I guess they could stick with the same designs. I did notice 2007 is on our mugs, and I hope that the mugs next year have a whole design change and not just the year part that is different.

And now with the new YOAMD mugs you could have used the FQ ones at POP instead as they are valid for Split stays and some even say for the entire 2007 year.

Most resorts now have all 3 color choices.

We bought 2 blues, 1 gray, and 1 black. I wish the lids would match the handles on all of the mugs.

I also hope that they get a new mug design for next year. They are extending YOAMD, so I guess they could stick with the same designs. I did notice 2007 is on our mugs, and I hope that the mugs next year have a whole design change and not just the year part that is different.

Sorry but I have heard that they have CM's working hard with tiny paint brushes making the 7's into an 8 for next year on the extra mugs they have.
;)

We just came back from WL last night. We got one of each - gray, black, and blue. It was nice that DS, DH and I could each have our own color!:)

Quick question for all you you that have purchased a mug recently. My SIL just got back a couple of weeks ago from the Cabins at FW, and she is telling me that you have to scan your mug each time before you get a drink (she didn't get a mug, she said she just noticed this).

We have a split stay coming up in November and I was looking forward to still being able to buy a mug since I would be able to use it at both resorts. Is this the case -- can they be used for split stays -- or do the mugs now have some sort of UPC that is unique to each hotel and won't work at another? Thanks in advance for the help!! :confused3

Quick question for all you you that have purchased a mug recently. My SIL just got back a couple of weeks ago from the Cabins at FW, and she is telling me that you have to scan your mug each time before you get a drink (she didn't get a mug, she said she just noticed this).

We have a split stay coming up in November and I was looking forward to still being able to buy a mug since I would be able to use it at both resorts. Is this the case -- can they be used for split stays -- or do the mugs now have some sort of UPC that is unique to each hotel and won't work at another? Thanks in advance for the help!! :confused3

Sorry but that is incorret. You do not have to scan your mug at all.

Just got back this weekend and no scanning of mugs at the Beach Club, OKW or Pop Century.

Maybe she was refering to the water parks. You buy a new sticker for each day and have to scan before filling.

OK! So then where were these scanners? Because after you purchase your mug the refill station is out in an open area and there were no scanners. I think she had seen people that were purchasing mugs that would make sense they scan it and cut off the platic like lock on the cup.

thanks for the help, everyone!! i figured that maybe she either saw it at the water park and figured that was the case or just maybe saw them scanning at the register to purchase...i just wanted to make sure!! i would be bummed if it wouldn't work :( who wants to buy 3 mugs for one trip!?! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter