Csr

tefrench

DIS Addict
I would be interested to hear any experiences/comments on the Coronado Springs Resort. I believe they are the only moderate with queens. We are currently booked at the CBR, but considering switching since they have queen beds.

We stayed at CSR in December of 2008 and we absolutely loved the resort. We have never stayed at CBR so can't compare the 2, but with 2 adults the queen beds were definitely nice! The rooms at CSR have all been recently updated also. We would go back to CSR again but my parents are coming along this trip so we opted for the cabins at fort wilderness to accommodate all 6 of us.

Have a great trip!

I like, don't love, Coronado Springs but I would stay here over CBR any day. I really didn't like CBR at all.

We had a king room which was very spacious - with 2 queens it would be a little tighter but still roomy. I didn't try Maya Grill and hated hated the Pepper Market. The grab & go place was fine and there's a snack bar by the feature pool. They also have a little outdoor bar outside the main building with a really nice set up (lots of shaded and unshaded sitting areas) including a small menu from the grab & go place. The grounds were pretty and was a nice walk to the main building from our room (I think we were in building 3?). We were by the quiet pool. What I didn't like was that the buildings were big & windy (wind like a clock, not breezy). I couldn't figure out the easiest/fastest way to get from the walkway to our room. I felt that took as much time as it did to walk to the main building...LOL Admittedly, I don't have a great sense of direction.

We've stayed at all the mod and many of the deluxe resorts and absolutely LOVE CSR. The resort is beautiful, bus service is great, pool/slide is lots of fun and the location is very convenient. I can't think of a single negative to say about CSR!!!:love:

I would be interested to hear any experiences/comments on the Coronado Springs Resort. I believe they are the only moderate with queens. We are currently booked at the CBR, but considering switching since they have queen beds.

You will get a wide variety of opinions on this question. Each resort has a very strong fan base. We've not stayed at the CBR and it is not on our list to try (as two adults, the theme of the resort holds no appeal to us for the rooms and the theme of the resort as we go to the beach every year). However, a lot of people have stayed there and loved it. Our oldest son was there in July. And although he prefers the CSR, he had a very enjoyable stay at the CBR.

We, personally, love the CSR. We've stayed there eight times and had near perfect visits every single time (I was asked to do the "unofficial CSR faq thread" because we've stayed so many times). It was our kids favorite as well when they traveled with us (they are now both in college)--and that was over the Poly and the All Star Sports.

Well, with your input and by reviewing the CSR Thread, I have changed our resort from CBR to CSR. It will be nice to experience another resort. Thanks for your help:worship:

We've been twice, loved it. Currently we keep going back and forth between booking CSR or WL, but I think WL is going to win this year b/c of closeness to MK.

We also love CSR. This will be my 5th time there. We're doing a split stay renting pts for Beach Club and 3 nights at CSR. Even though our friend said he could get us DVC cheaper for the entire trip I still needed a few nights at CSR. Don't have any complaints about the resort. Love the health club, pool, pepper market and Maya grill. The pool ....and oh love that hot tub after a long day at the parks. This time we plan on spending some time at Rix nightclub too.

I've stayed at all four moderates and would definitely choose CSR over CBR. CSR has the best bus service of any WDW resort. It has the biggest hot tub on property, newly refurbished rooms with very comfortable queen size beds, lovely fountains in the Casitas and white sand beaches with hammocks in the Cabanas. I am not a fan of the Rancho section however. But that's just because I'm from Texas and don't care for the theme or how far it is from the main building.:rolleyes1 I love the Maya Grill, Pepper Market, and even Cafe Rix is pretty good. I like how you can refill your mugs at Cafe Rix, Pepper Market, or the pool bar. It is the only moderate to have a health club/spa. Your kids will love the pool and longer pool slide.

In October I'm giving CBR another try, but when I was there several years ago mousekeeping was REALLY bad, as was the bus service. I was not impressed with either the food court or their TS restaurant (Shutters). The new pool looks really nice though and the rooms at CBR are just a tad bigger than the other moderates.

I've stayed at all four moderates and would definitely choose CSR over CBR. CSR has the best bus service of any WDW resort. It has the biggest hot tub on property, newly refurbished rooms with very comfortable queen size beds, lovely fountains in the Casitas and white sand beaches with hammocks in the Cabanas. I am not a fan of the Rancho section however. But that's just because I'm from Texas and don't care for the theme or how far it is from the main building.:rolleyes1 I love the Maya Grill, Pepper Market, and even Cafe Rix is pretty good. I like how you can refill your mugs at Cafe Rix, Pepper Market, or the pool bar. It is the only moderate to have a health club/spa. Your kids will love the pool and longer pool slide.

In October I'm giving CBR another try, but when I was there several years ago mousekeeping was REALLY bad, as was the bus service. I was not impressed with either the food court or their TS restaurant (Shutters). The new pool looks really nice though and the rooms at CBR are just a tad bigger than the other moderates.

We stayed at CBR June 2009 and had an enjoyable time. However, we spent very little time in the room. The themed pool is nice but my kids spent more time at the quiet pool because they wanted to use their googles and snorkles (not permitted at the themed pool). I would say our mousekeeping was great. Mati was our mousekeeping for 6 of the 7 days and daily she left a new towel animal for our kids. One day we popped back a little early and she taught each of my kids how to make a towel animal. Just goes to show no two visits are the same...CMs and Mousekeepers can make a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter