CSR vs. POFQ?

HeatherL

Mouseketeer
We are probably going to cancel our Nov. trip and change to the spring. We will be traveling with my mom and getting 2 rooms at a mod resort. The two we like best are CSR and POFQ. I actually like the look of CSR a little better, and love the fact that it's all queen beds. But a frequent Disney visitor told me that CSR is far from all the parks and a long bus ride. Thoughts?

We are probably going to cancel our Nov. trip and change to the spring. We will be traveling with my mom and getting 2 rooms at a mod resort. The two we like best are CSR and POFQ. I actually like the look of CSR a little better, and love the fact that it's all queen beds. But a frequent Disney visitor told me that CSR is far from all the parks and a long bus ride. Thoughts?

LOL. Far from the parks? A long bus ride? Ummmm, no. The only thing that its far from is the truth. Thats very innacurate. POFQ isnt any closer to the parks than CSR is. MK is the furthest from POFQ & CSR, while AK & DHS & Epcot are closer. Typical travel time to AK/Ep/HS is about 10 min, give or take depending on which resort youre at and which park you go. Travel time to MK would be about 15-20min.

As for which resort to pick, well theyre both very different so it depends on which suits your fam best. If you have smaller kids, POFQ might be better cause of the shorter water slide. Plus that type of pool appeals to smaller kids. But for bigger kids, CSR might be better. My son prefers CSR pool (and said POFQ looks like its more for babies LOL!). Yes CSR is bigger, but depending on where your room is situated, you wont necessarily have a lot of walking. Cabanas 8a for example puts you right by a bus stop AND the main pool. Cabanas 9b puts your closer to the main building. Casitas 1,2,3 are preferred and closer to the main building (but not the main pool). Clear as mud? :upsidedow

Thanks! I honestly think we will probably go with CSR. My boys are 7 and 9 and I think they would be very impressed by the CSR pool. The bigger the slide the better lol. And they LOVE tacos, so they would love the food court options. And personally I think the rooms look nicer.

I did some calculating with the transportation wizard/calculator on 'our laughing place' website (http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx) and i discovered something interesting. It seems as thou POFQ is further from everything than CSR (except for the ride to MK).

POFQ to DHS/Ep = 18 min
CSR to DHS/Ep = 13 min

POFQ to AK = 30 min
CSR to AK = 20 min

POFQ to MK = 17 min
CSR to MK = 18 min

POFQ to DTD = 20 min
CSR to DTD = 17 min

It takes longer to get to most parks from POFQ than it does from CSR.

The ride to AK surprised me to be honest. I didnt realise it was so far, and i've been there a billion times! lol.

Thanks! I honestly think we will probably go with CSR. My boys are 7 and 9 and I think they would be very impressed by the CSR pool. The bigger the slide the better lol. And they LOVE tacos, so they would love the food court options. And personally I think the rooms look nicer.

Good choice! My son didnt like POFQ AT ALL (to be honest, neither did I). The food court doesnt have many options. My DS12 didnt care for the pool, the slide is a very short ride, he wasnt impressed, LOL. CSR water slide is much longer! (ive actually read up on the measurements of both slides, LOL, yes this info is out there!). Also, at CSR you actually have QS by the pool which serves nacho's, burgers, etc! Very convenient if you ask me. You can also refill your mug there apparently. No need to go to the main building unless you want more options. RE: food, my son is most excited about the nacho's and also the churros with icecream. LOL. Sounds yummy doesnt it?

The smallness of POFQ and the one bus stop doesnt appeal to me. And im with you re: appearance, I like the look of CSR much better.

Have fun!

I actually like the look of CSR a little better, and love the fact that it's all queen beds.

POFQ now has queen beds too! I believe CBR is the only moderate that still has double beds.

I changed our reservations today from POFQ to the CSR. We've stayed 3 times at the POFQ - and do love it - but we wanted to try a resort we haven't stayed in.

Thanks for the the posting of travel times. I was curious about that.

The one thing I think we will miss @ the FQ is the boat ride to DTD. However, I think the food and pool will more than make up for that.

POFQ now has queen beds too! I believe CBR is the only moderate that still has double beds.

Thanks for that info. I wasn't aware that PO was offering all queen beds. I'm definitely leaning towards CSR though :thumbsup2

We love the location of CSR as I feel it's in the center of all of WDW! Epcot and DHS are down the street and AK is around theh corner. MK is 10 min down the road. That is part of the reason I am going back for a 5th stay is I love the location and also love a lot of other things about the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter