• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CSR Standard v POP Pool Preferred

simonmunro

DIS Veteran
Which would you choose, and why? They are less than 100.00 difference for the whole vacation. The beds, pool slide, and theme at CSR make me want to switch, but only for Cabanas and that can't be guaranteed. The Pool preferred at Pop assures me being close to pool, bus and food court. I've been over and over it in my mind and changed my mind a thousand times. Would be interested in others insight. Thanks

We were at CSR for thanksgiving and pop preferred last summer. Frankly, we love pop but we wanted the queen beds at CSR. Pop has the best bus system. We love the variety of counter service. At CSR, there are larger beds, larger rooms and a pool with a slide. However, CSR is large. Too large to walk to the commissary for coffee in the mornings except if you are right next to it. I also dislike pepper market, since it is sitting out long time buffet for breakfast and lunch. And Rix cafe is small and doesn't offer many choices like the yummy tilapia sandwich or tie dye cheesecake. As you can see my family and I love pop but we just needed the larger beds.

- Virginia

Thanks mommyarewegoingback! Your reply was very helpful, we don't have to have the queen beds so pop it is! 123 views and just one post, thankfully it was all i needed.

For me, hands down, CSR. I have no interest in having a room next to a pool for one thing.

CSR has much more comfortable beds (queens) and bedding and the room is slightly larger. Ans we love the sliding door across the sink area for privacy.

And the CSR pool is actually nicer than that at PopC as well.

We've had about the same luck with buses at both resorts. They are both dedicated bus resorts, so no sharing. I'd request a room in Casitas to be near the first bus stop. Then I'd use that stop for getting off, but we almost always walk to the Main Bldg and catch the bus leaving from there, so we don't have to do the loop.

For me, hands down, CSR. I have no interest in having a room next to a pool for one thing.

CSR has much more comfortable beds (queens) and bedding and the room is slightly larger. Ans we love the sliding door across the sink area for privacy.

And the CSR pool is actually nicer than that at PopC as well.

We've had about the same luck with buses at both resorts. They are both dedicated bus resorts, so no sharing. I'd request a room in Casitas to be near the first bus stop. Then I'd use that stop for getting off, but we almost always walk to the Main Bldg and catch the bus leaving from there, so we don't have to do the loop.

I agree, love the comfy queen beds at CSR. Just as an fyi, POP now has a curtain across the sink area now. We actually paid preferred for Casitas, but ended up at the end of Bldg 3, right next to the quiet pool. That walk was definitely longer than my preferred at POP. As for the bus, as you stated, there is a bus loop at CSR and only one stop at POP, which I actually prefer the 1 bus stop. But I like that CSR has covered bus stop waiting areas, versus out in the open at POP. I guess there are pros and cons to all. :confused3

I suppose I should try to talk you out of CSR so that less people go there :rolleyes1
But... like the pp stated... we LOVE CSR! I have not stayed at POP but from pictures I have seen it does not really appeal to me.
We have done the preferred at CSR twice now and the first time was right next to the quite pool and like the pp said it is a farther walk to the main building (still not that far) but when we was there in April we were right next to the main building.
We have had great experiences with the busses at CSR, never have waited more than 10 mins for a bus.
I guess the deciding factor for me would come down to the 'feel' of the resort. We really like the laid back feeling of CSR. POP seem to me to be more kid oriented (and we have none) a more high energy resort.
I don't think you can go wrong since you are at Disney after all :thumbsup2

Those resorts have such different atmospheres, and comparing them is like comparing apples and oranges.

We've stayed at both, and for $100 difference I would do CSR hands-down. CSR is so much more quiet and relaxing than Pop, offering more of a resort feel. We do spend time relaxing/swimming at the resort, and I prefer CSR's pool and atmosphere in general. Plus, you get queen beds, a gym & spa and a hot tub.

Pepper Market isn't a typical food court, but you have more dining options at CSR than you do at Pop.

One more thing....at the parks, Pop's bus stops were nearly always a long walk from the park exit. CSR's stops were usually pretty convenient. Plus, the bus stops at CSR have covered areas instead of chained queues without shade or protection from the rain.

For $100 I would take a moderate over a value. Have not stayed at POP, but stayed at CSR this year and it is much, much nicer than a value. The rooms are very pretty, the beds and bedding are divine, and the grounds lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter