CSR & Romance

PieInYourEye

<font color=green>Look up while you're in line<br>
Ok, need a few suggestions... My prince charming and I will be staying at CSR. Here are some questions...

What's the best I can do room wise?
Priorities: 1. Waterfront 2. Quiet 3. Proximity to morning coffee.

Is there fireworks view from anywhere?

Is there beachfront walking, hammocks or the like?

Can you get a room with a little fridge?

Luau is scheduled for one of the nights, is the early show or the late show better?

:D

Piglet203 and I just returned from WDW and we stayed at the CSR. We loved it and found it to be a very romantic resort.

To get a waterfront view of Lago Dorado, request a room in either the Cabanas section or the Casitas section. There may be a few rooms in the Ranchos section that have a view of the lake, too, but not many. Also, keep in mind that a water view room may mean you get a view of the quiet pool.

For a section that is quiet, I don't think any section is loud. Piglet203 and I walked around the resort a few times at night and found it to be quiet everywhere. We stayed in the Ranchos section and it was extremely quiet.

There's a coffee maker in each room with two mugs and some bags of coffe, ready to be made. We didn't have any, since neither of us are coffee drinkers, so I couldn't tell you how good/bad it is.

You really can't see any fireworks from any of the parks anywhere at the resort, except maybe a few here and there, just above the treeline.

There is a small beach in the Cabanas section that is big enough to walk back and forth on, with a few hammocks. Piglet203 and laid in one of them one night and we loved it.

You can rent a small fridge daily for your room, but I don't know what the cost is. I think it's $10.

Hope this helped. If not, look for Buzz2001's reply. He has all of the answers.

Mickey76:D

Thanks Mickey76. That's a great help.

And... congratulations on the engagement. It was rather hysterical reading some of the posts while waiting for your return.

Just look at the picture below and picture yourself walking around the lake, sipping a margarita. Stop on the white sand beach and take a swing in the hammocks. Or maybe sit in the hot tub. May not be THE best but it is one of the best spots.

cs_elcentro10.jpg

CSR has one of the best (IMO, THE BEST) pool on WDW property and a hot tub (THE largest on WDW property). Siesta Bar & Grill is located at the Dig Site where you can refill your refillable mugs or have a drink. They also have a decent menu, try the margaritas and nachos.

What's the best I can do room wise?
Priorities: 1. Waterfront 2. Quiet 3. Proximity to morning coffee.
If you don't care about proximity to the pool, the casitas 1, parts of 2 & 3 are very close to the main building. If the pool is important too, then cabana 9b is the closest to the main building then 9a, 8b and 8a.

Is there fireworks view from anywhere? no, but you can hear them. Also, on our last trip in May, we have a private showing of fireworks at CSR because the folks there for a convention paid to have their own show

Is there beachfront walking, hammocks or the like? yes!

check out my site below!

DH and I were able to see fireworks from MGM in December (at CSR). It was Walt's b-day, and they did it up in grand style! Another night while we were there, we could see them coming from Epcot; again, during the clebration for Walt's birthday. So you never know about the fireworks!

Good luck!

Erin:D

Like Mickey76 said, we thought CSR was extremley romantic. The resort really comes alive at night though. I loved walking around the resort at night. No matter how many times we walked complelty around the resort......I still sighed! It really is that breath taking. I especially loved sitting on a bench (by the Pepper Market), being able to look across to the Dig Site and be able to hear Fantasmic and see some lights from it :D It was so cool!!! I could go on and on about the romantic aspects of CSR....there are too many to list :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter